TORONTO, June 7, 2018 /CNW/ - Voting in the 2018 provincial general election continues until 9 p.m. (ET) or 8 p.m. (CT) across the province.
Due to the following temporary interruptions at some locations in the electoral districts of Bay of Quinte, Essex, Simcoe North and York—Simcoe, voting hours have been extended for some polls. The Chief Electoral Officer of Ontario has the authority under Section 40 (5) of the Election Act to extend voting hours where there has been an interruption to voting hours at a poll.
In accordance with the foregoing, the Chief Electoral Officer hereby extends the voting hours for the following polls:
- Bay of Quinte – Poll 016 – Poll will close at 9:25 p.m. (ET) due to fire alarm disruption
- Essex – Poll 033 – Poll will close at 9:20 p.m. (ET) due to elevator service disruption
- Simcoe North – Poll 033 – Poll will close at 9:25 p.m. (ET) due to school lockdown
- Simcoe North – Poll 034 – Poll will close at 9:25 p.m. (ET) due to school lockdown
- York—Simcoe – Poll 006 – Poll will close at 11:25 p.m. (ET) due to school lockdown
- York—Simcoe – Poll 008 – Poll will close at 9:55 p.m. (ET) due to school lockdown
Media should be advised that results for the electoral districts of Bay of Quinte, Essex, Simcoe North and York—Simcoe will not be released until after all the polls have closed in these electoral districts.
Elections Ontario is the non-partisan agency responsible for administering provincial elections, by-elections and referenda. For more information visit elections.on.ca or call 1-888-668-8683 (TTY: 1-888-292-2312).
Aussi disponible en français
SOURCE Elections Ontario
For further information: please contact Elections Ontario Media Relations, 1-866-252-2152, [email protected]