OAKVILLE, ON, June 14, 2017 /CNW/ - Women, adolescent girls and children in Haiti face numerous barriers to access the care and medicine they require. Plan International Canada seeks to address their needs and help to #ChangetheBirthStory through a program funded by Global Affairs Canada, called Strengthening Health Outcomes of Women and Children.
- Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC) has partnered with Plan International Canada to provide vital medicines and medical supplies identified by Plan International Haiti and Haiti's Ministère de la santé publique de la population.
- On June 15, there will be a photo opportunity at HPIC's distribution centre in Oakville to see the shipment of medicine packed and ready for airlift and the partners who contributed.
- Tahina Rabezanahary, Plan International Canada will speak about how the medication will benefit women, adolescent girls and children in Haiti.
- Representatives of HPIC and 11 donor companies
- Thursday, June 15, 2017: 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- HPIC Distribution Centre
2907 Portland Drive, Oakville, ON L6H 5S4
The first shipment of medicine and medical supplies for the women, adolescent girls and children of Haiti is slated to leave at the end of June by airlift.
Donor companies that will pack the airlift for Haiti:
Johnson & Johnson Inc.
Pfizer Canada Inc.
Teva Canada Limited
Health Partners International of Canada is an independent Canadian charity dedicated to increasing access to medicine and improving health in the most vulnerable communities. HPIC works with Canada's pharmaceutical and healthcare industry to treat about 1 million people in 50 countries every year through a well-established network of Canadian volunteers and global partners. HPIC equips medical mission teams, stocks clinics and hospitals in impoverished communities, mobilizes medical relief during emergencies and builds local capacity. www.hpicanada.ca
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL CANADA:
Founded in 1937, Plan International is one of the world's oldest and largest international development agencies, working in partnership with millions of people around the world to end global poverty. Not for profit, independent and inclusive of all faiths and cultures, Plan International strives for a just world that advances children's rights and equality for girls. Because I am a Girl is Plan International's global movement to transform power relations so that girls everywhere can learn, lead, decide and thrive.
SOURCE Health Partners International of Canada
For further information: Christina Parsons, Director, Communications, HPIC, 514-949-9183, firstname.lastname@example.org; Meghan Francis, Media & PR Specialist, Plan International Canada, 416-920-1654 x 376, email@example.com