Governor in Council selection processes underway
OTTAWA, Dec. 5, 2018 /CNW/ - The Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB) is seeking applicants for membership on the Board by way of open, transparent, and merit-based Governor in Council selection processes for the positions of Chairperson and Board member.
Members of the Board are part-time, Governor in Council appointees who preside over hearings into allegations of excessive drug pricing brought by PMPRB staff against patent-holding pharmaceutical companies.
The Vice-chairperson has all the powers and functions of the Chairperson In the event that the Chairperson is absent or incapacitated or if the office of Chairperson is vacant. This includes being designated as the chief executive officer as well as supervising and directing the work of the PMPRB.
Candidates interested in these unique opportunities are encouraged to apply online by visiting the Government of Canada's Governor in Council Appointments website for more information.
- The Patented Medicine Prices Review Board is an independent quasi-judicial body with a regulatory mandate to protect the interests of Canadian consumers by ensuring the prices of patented medicines sold in Canada are not excessive.
- Patented Medicine Prices Review Board members are chosen for their particular experience, expertise, and qualifications: past and current members have been drawn from various relevant professional backgrounds including medicine, pharmacology, pharmacy, law, public health, and academia.
- Patented Medicine Prices Review Board members are appointed for a period of five years, and may be reappointed for a second five-year term.
- Governor in Council Appointments – (Privy Council Office)
- Roles and Responsibilities of Board Members
Follow us on Twitter: @PMPRB_CEPMB
SOURCE Patented Medicine Prices Review Board
For further information: Marie-Eve St-Hilaire, Manager, Communications, Patented Medicine Prices Review Board, 613-288-9664, [email protected], TTY (telecommunications device for the hearing impaired) - 613- 288-9654