CALGARY, Jan. 19, 2018 /CNW/ - The National Energy Board (NEB) is holding public hearings on an application of NOVA Gas Transmission Ltd. (NGTL) to modify the North Montney Mainline Project. The hearings will take place over a two-week period and will include oral cross-examination and final arguments. The NEB will also hear oral traditional evidence from Indigenous participants.
- Date: Monday, January 22, 2018 – Friday, January 26, 2018
Time: 8:30 am (MST);
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Time: 9:00 am (MST)
Location: Calgary, AB
Venue: NEB's Hearing Room
- Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 – Thursday, February 1, 2018
Time: 9:00 am (MST)
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Venue: Stonebridge Hotel
In its application, NGTL is requesting changes to the North Montney Mainline Certificate to allow the gas to flow east, and to proceed with certain components of the Project independently of any final investment decision related to liquefied natural gas exports from the west coast of British Columbia. The changes would also include construction of eight additional meter stations, as well as make minor modifications to project plans.
During the hearings, the NEB will consider the views of 37 participants – including industry, government and Indigenous peoples – on a range of issues such as the impacts of the proposed changes on the environment, the need and economic viability of the project and Indigenous interests.
Those unable to attend the hearings in person can access both a live audio feed and a daily transcript at neb-one.gc.ca.
- The North Montney Mainline Project is a proposal to build and operate 301 kilometres of natural gas pipeline and related facilities connecting NGTL's Groundbirch Mainline to the North Montney gas fields in northeastern British Columbia.
- The NEB recommended that the Federal government approve the project on April 15, 2015. The Federal government approved the project on 10 June 2015 and directed the National Energy Board to issue a Certificate.
- NEB Procedural Update No. 3 [Filing A89201]
- Hearing Order [Filing A87245]
- North Montney Mainline Project web page
The National Energy Board is an independent federal regulator of several parts of Canada's energy industry. It regulates pipelines, energy development and trade in the public interest with safety as its primary concern. For more information on the NEB and its mandate, please visit www.neb-one.gc.ca.
SOURCE National Energy Board
For further information: Marc Drolet, Communications Officer, National Energy Board, Email: [email protected], Telephone: 514-283-2261