Panel focuses on the value of hiring military Veterans in the corporate sector
TORONTO, June 25, 2015 /CNW/ - The Honourable Erin O'Toole, Minister of Veterans Affairs, today joined a panel discussion with members of the business and military Veteran community to explore ways to bridge the gap between the corporate sector and military Veterans, and highlight the benefits of bringing military Veterans into the corporate workplace.
The panel discussion was part of the 3rd Annual Treble Victor Group Mess Dinner, held at the Royal Canadian Military Institute in Toronto. The theme and focus of this year's event was educating and informing business leaders who influence hiring decisions. Approximately 100 military Veterans and business leaders were in attendance.
- Treble Victor Group (3V) is a business network of former military members who use common values, teamwork, mentorship and the network's connectivity to help ex-military leaders achieve their full potential as they transition from military to marketplace.
- 3V complements the efforts of other military support organizations and non-profits such as Canada Company and the True Patriot Love Foundation.
- VAC is committed to helping military Veterans find meaningful employment when they leave the military, through the Hire a Veteran initiative, Career Transition Services, support to organizations that hire military Veterans, and measures to make vocational rehabilitation services more responsive and flexible for military Veterans and their families.
"The Treble Victor Group is another example of Veterans helping Veterans transition into successful careers after the military. Their leadership and grassroots support for military Veterans and their families are both appreciated and admired."
The Honourable Erin O'Toole, Minister of Veterans Affairs
- Transition to Civilian Life
- Hire a Veteran
- Priority Hiring for Veterans
- Career Transition Services
- Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
For further information: Martin Magnan, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs, 613-996-4649; Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468