OTTAWA, July 24, 2017 /CNW/ - The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following nominations to the Greater Toronto Airports Authority's board of directors:
- Hazel McCallion served as the Mayor of Mississauga, Ontario, from 1978 to 2014, and is the longest-serving mayor in the city's history. She has participated in and led many initiatives locally, provincially, nationally and internationally. In 2015, she was appointed as the first Chancellor of Sheridan College.
- Kathleen L. Keller-Hobson has experience across a diverse range of industries, including manufacturing, retail, transportation and life sciences. She currently serves on the board of directors of CCL Industries Inc. and Premium Brands Holdings Corporation. Prior to 2015, she was a senior business lawyer with over 35 years of experience.
The nominees have experience in a number of fields, and are active members of their communities. They bring an array of knowledge and corporate governance expertise to the transportation portfolio.
The ministerial appointment process is based on openness and transparency to ensure highly qualified candidates are appointed who reflect Canada's diversity, including gender balance.
"I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. They bring a wealth of experience and their nomination will ensure continued good governance. "
The Honourable Marc Garneau,
Minister of Transport
- Transport Canada is responsible for 55 organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
Transport Canada appointments
Greater Toronto Airports Authority
Transport Canada is online at www.tc.gc.ca. Subscribe to e-news or stay connected through RSS, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr to keep up to date on the latest from Transport Canada.
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, Delphine.firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, Media@tc.gc.ca, 613-993-0055