OTTAWA, April 4, 2019 /CNW/ - The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments in the transportation sector:
Atlantic Pilotage Authority:
- Robert Jack Gallagher (appointed as chairperson, term of five years);He is a Master Mariner with a Diploma in Nautical Sciences from the Canadian Coast Guard College. He is the owner of Hammurabi Consulting since 1999.
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority:
- Bruce Andrew Chan (appointed as director, term of three years);He has a Master's degree in Business Administration and several accounting titles (Chartered Financial Analyst, Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant), and has been a portfolio manager with Anglemont Financial since 2014.
- Clarence Louis (appointed as director, term of three years);He has been Chief of the Osoyoos Indian Band since 1984, and chairperson of the National Aboriginal Economic Development Board since 2017.
These appointments were made under the Government of Canada's new approach to Governor in Council appointments. This approach supports open, transparent and merit-based selection processes that strive for gender parity and reflect Canada's diversity, to support Ministers in making appointment recommendations for positions within their portfolio by providing them with information and referrals.
"I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments will ensure continued good governance."
The Honourable Marc Garneau,
Minister of Transport
- The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Press Secretary, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, Delphine.Denis@tc.gc.ca, 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, Media@tc.gc.ca, 613-993-0055