OTTAWA, June 22, 2018 /CNW/ - The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments and reappointments in the transportation sector. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and are active members of their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and senior executive and corporate governance expertise to the transportation portfolio.
These appointments are part of the rigorous new approach to Governor in Council appointments. The approach uses open, transparent and merit-based selection processes to support ministers in making appointment recommendations for positions within their portfolios that strive for gender parity and reflect Canada's diversity.
Pacific Pilotage Authority
- Katherine Bright (appointed as Vice-Chairperson, from amongst the members; term of three and a half years).
Canadian Air Transport Security Authority:
- Diane Trenn (appointed as Director; term of three years);
- William Restall (reappointed as Director; term of three years).
Federal Bridge Corporation Limited
- Marie-Jacqueline Saint-Fleur (appointed as Director; term of four years);
- Andrew Travis Seymour (appointed as Director; term of four years);
- Pascale Daigneault (reappointed as Director; term of three years).
Ridley Terminals Inc.
- Liza Aboud (appointed as Director; term of three years).
Great Lakes Pilotage Authority
- Josée-Christine Boilard (appointed as Member; term of three years);
- Vered Kaminker (appointed as Member; term of three years);
- James Pound (reappointed as Member; term of three years);
- Julie Mills (appointed as Member; term of four years);
- Teena Fazio (appointed as Member; term of four years).
"I am pleased that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments, which follow our open, transparent and merit-based appointment process, will ensure continued good governance. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank outgoing board members Paul Benoit, Diana Dodge, Deborah Tropea, Terry Geddes, David Grieve, Michael Pratt and Scott Shepherd for their valuable service."
The Honourable Marc Garneau,
Minister of Transport
- The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
Order in Council – Katherine Bright
Order in Council – Diane Trenn
Order in Council – William Restall
Order in Council – Pascale Daigneault
Order in Council – Marie-Jacqueline Saint-Fleur
Order in Council – Andrew Travis Seymour
Order in Council – Liza Aboud
Order in Council – Josée-Christine Boilard
Order in Council – Vered Kaminker
Order in Council – James Pound
Order in Council – Julie Mills
Order in Council – Teena Fazio
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Press Secretary, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, [email protected], 613-993-0055