OTTAWA, Feb. 23, 2018 /CNW/ - The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, today announced the following appointments and reappointments. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and are active members of their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and senior executive and corporate governance expertise to the transportation portfolio.
These appointments are part of the rigorous new approach to Governor in Council appointments. The approach uses open, transparent and merit-based selection processes to support ministers in making appointment recommendations for positions within their portfolio that strive for gender parity and reflect Canada's diversity.
Canadian Air Transport Security Authority:
- Jean-Philippe Brunet (appointed as Director; term of four years);
- Melissa Coulson (reappointed as Director; term of two years);
- Sharon Duggan (appointed as Director; term of four years);
- Gilles Lalonde (appointed as Director; term of three years);
- Taleeb Noormohamed (appointed as Director; term of three years).
Pacific Pilotage Authority:
- Captain Jamie Marshall (appointed as Member; term of four years).
"I am pleased to announce that these highly qualified Canadians have agreed to serve in the transportation sector. Their appointments, which follow our open, transparent and merit-based appointment process, will ensure continued good governance. I also take this opportunity to thank outgoing board members for their valuable service."
The Honourable Marc Garneau,
Minister of Transport
- The Minister of Transport is responsible for appointments to 55 portfolio organizations, which include:
- 9 Crown Corporations;
- 4 administrative tribunal/agencies;
- 21 Canadian Airport Authorities;
- 18 Canada Port Authorities; and
- 3 shared governance organizations.
This news release may be made available in alternative formats for persons living with visual disabilities.
SOURCE Transport Canada
For further information: Delphine Denis, Press Secretary, Office of the Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Ottawa, Delphine.Denis@tc.gc.ca, 613-991-0700; Media Relations, Transport Canada, Ottawa, Media@tc.gc.ca, 613-993-0055