Three-day sustainable mobility symposium features visionary speakers and transformative technologies to spark creativity and drive collaboration
CLERMONT-FERRAND, France and MONTREAL, June 7, 2017 /CNW/ - Michelin, a global leader in sustainability and innovation, today revealed its list of the Top 10 "can't-miss" experiences for attendees heading to Montreal next week for Movin'On 2017, the world's largest collaborative symposium focused on solving the planet's most pressing urban mobility challenges.
The full schedule for Movin'On 2017, which rolls into Montreal June 13―15, can be found at https://movinon.michelin.com/en/schedule/.
Can't-miss speakers and panels include:
1. Creating the intelligent and inclusive mobility of tomorrow, a panel discussion taking place under the Michelin 360 Big Top among top global mobility influencers such as:
- Jean-Dominique Senard, CEO of Michelin
- The Honourable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport, Government of Canada
- Jean Todt, President, Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) & U.N. Secretary General's Special Envoy for Road Safety
2. Rising above the road: the future of airborne mobility, an open conversation among modern-day pioneers of air transport including:
- Igor Pasternak, Founder and CEO, Worldwide Aeros
- Mark Moore, Director of Engineering, Uber Elevate
- Stephen Trimble, Managing Editor, Flightglobal Americas
3. Connect the dots: the potential of multimodality, leaders in intermodal transport share their visions for combining modes of transport, with insights from:
- Jim Bruce, Senior Vice President and Chief Energy Policy Officer, Global Public Affairs, UPS
- Matt Muta, Vice President, Innovation & Operations Technology, Delta Air Lines
Can't-miss vehicles include:
4. GreenGT H2, the world's first electric-hydrogen racecar, which produces its own electric power and releases only water vapor into the atmosphere
5. DevBot, (the Robocar development vehicle) the world's first fully driverless racecar from Roborace
7. Sky Lab: Grab a seat and suspend 16 feet from the earth to boost creativity, taking group connections to a new level.
8. Village Startup: Surround yourself with 50 key emerging players from three continents in sustainable urban mobility in this "super incubator" space.
9. Mountain Lab: Take a walk on the high side with virtual reality simulation that provides new insight into the future of urban mobility.
10. Cake Lab: Immerse yourself in collaborative techniques and sensory insights with a view of sustainability through the lens of the culinary industry.
Movin'On, presented by Michelin in association with C2, continues the 20-year tradition established by Michelin Challenge Bibendum as the world's premiere and longest-running forum for sustainable mobility. Announced in December 2016, Movin'On 2017 in Montreal invites more than 3,000 participants from 35 countries to engage in a range of dynamic forums, including an exhilarating 360-degree technological platform for plenary sessions and other experiential presentations. Movin'On will also host collaborative workshops, master classes and labs that feature cutting-edge innovation and disruptive technology.
Movin'On is also open to the general public to attend. For pricing information and to register see movinon.michelin.com/en/buy-now/.
Presented by Michelin in association with C2, Movin'On is the international summit for action in sustainable mobility. Movin'On 2017 will be held at the Arsenal in Montreal, Quebec, June 13-15. The symposium experience will feature inspiring keynote presentations, hands-on collaborative sessions, networking opportunities and technology exhibitions. Participants from business, government and academics will collaborate and explore new actions to resolve global challenges that will define the future of mobility. For tickets or more information, please see movinon.michelin.com/en/.
About Michelin Group
Michelin, the leading tire company, is dedicated to enhancing its clients' mobility, sustainably; designing and distributing the most suitable tires, services and solutions for its clients' needs; providing digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences; and developing high-technology materials that serve the mobility industry. Headquartered in Clermont-Ferrand, France, Michelin is present in 170 countries, has 111,700 employees and operates 68 production facilities in 17 countries which together produced 184 million tires in 2015. (www.michelin.com)
C2 is a global convener on a mission to transform executives and organizations that are ripe for change ― whether they know it or not. In a collaborative context specifically designed to provoke collisions and spark new ideas, C2 gets leaders to challenge their biases, shift their perspectives and explore completely new ways of doing business. C2's reinvention of the international conference experience started with the annual C2 Montréal event, which has been described as "challenging conventions" by The Economist and "a business conference unlike any other" by the Harvard Business Review. After Zurich, Milan, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Rome and San Francisco, C2 is now expanding its reach across all continents. See c2.biz for more information.
For further information: For media inquiries, please contact: Irene Aguzzi, Michelin North America Canada, Inc., [email protected] or +1.450.978.7635; Anne Dongois, C2, [email protected] or +1.514.826.2050