HALIFAX, Feb. 20, 2014 /CNW/ - This month marks one year since Eastlink launched its much anticipated, consumer-focused Wireless service in Nova Scotia and PEI.
"When I reflect on what we've accomplished as a wireless provider in the past 12 months, it is extremely rewarding," said Eastlink CEO Lee Bragg. "We've taken major steps forward in a highly competitive industry, and we're more confident than ever that by continuing to put our customers first, we will be the wireless provider of choice for more and more consumers."
Eastlink Wireless key achievements from the last year:
- Customer-focused service across NS and PEI
- No term contracts
- Significant value in a bundle - up to 20% savings
- Ability to pick any device and match it with any plan, offering customers industry-leading flexibility and value
- Atlantic Canada's largest 4G LTE network
- No roaming fees across Canada
- Low cost U.S. and International roaming
- Advocate for consumer protection legislation both at the federal and provincial levels
While the federal government continues to look for ways to increase competition in Canada's wireless industry, Eastlink continues to raise the bar with easy-to-understand, consumer-friendly service plans, more value, and faster, more reliable speeds.
"More customers in more communities are benefitting from Atlantic Canada's largest LTE network" says Matthew MacLellan, President Eastlink Wireless. "We've worked this past year to bring customers a competitive wireless service that delivers great value, choice, flexibility and speed."
When asked what consumers might expect from Eastlink in 2014, Mr. MacLellan highlighted:
- Expansion of Wireless service for Business Customers
- Continued expansion of industry-leading LTE network coverage in even more communities
For more information on Eastlink Wireless visit eastlink.ca/wireless
Image with caption: "Eastlink (CNW Group/Eastlink)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140220_C5907_PHOTO_EN_36940.jpg
For further information:
Public and Media Relations