OTTAWA, Dec. 18, 2014 /CNW/ - The Conference Board of experts are available to speak to the media on a number of key topics facing Canadians as 2014 comes to a close and a new year dawns.
If you are looking for year end topics or stories, we propose the following:
Economic Trends and Forecasting (National and Provincial outlooks):
- The recent collapse in crude oil prices
- 2015, the year of (economic) uncertainty: what's ahead for Canada's economy and the provinces
- Housing market prices and trends for 2015
- The changing dynamic of the BC LNG industry
- Consumer debt
National Security and Crisis Management:
1. Dealing with the threat of Terrorism
- The threat to Canada from foreign fighters -
- The need to combat extremist views and messages on social media
- Changing the perception of these events through how we report them and how we portray these
- Holding on to our values and balancing our responses against those values and our freedoms
2. Dealing with an Evolving Crisis/Emergency Landscape
- What have we learned from the crises/emergencies of the recent past?
- How do we deal with an evolving emergency landscape? - What tools and approaches are we going to need?
- How do we build resilience in our society?
Leadership and Human Resources:
- Regional labour market economic variability
- Wellness and mental health
- Managing multi-generational workforces and the implications for Canada's economy
Health and Wellness:
- In time for New Year's resolutions, what are the benefits of active healthy living?
Various Executives and Researchers, to be determined based on area of interest
Immediately and until December 24, 2014 (The office is closed from December 25th to January 1st, inclusively)
The Conference Board of Canada is located at 255 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON
SOURCE: Conference Board of Canada
For further information: or media accreditation, contact: Juline Ranger, Media Relations, Tel.: (613) 526-3090, ext. 431 E-mail: [email protected]; Yvonne Squires, Media Relations, Tel.: (613) 526-3090, ext. 221 E-mail: [email protected]