OTTAWA, Nov. 22, 2016 /CNW/ - The Conference Board of Canada's 5th Annual Canadian Food & Drink Summit 2016 is a two-day event to explore the future of Canada's food sector. Topics covered, include:
- Dairy Processing in Canada: Domestic and Global Challenges and Opportunities
- Nutrition in the Workplace: Fostering Health and Energy
- Discussions on a National Food Policy
- Beverage Calorie Initiative Baseline Report
- How Are Canadian Food, Beverage and Other Businesses Succeeding in Sustainability Adoption?
- Internal Trade Barriers Harming Alcohol Consumers and Producers
- Growth, Opportunities & Challenges in Canada's Wine and Beer Sectors
- Exploring Basic Income as a Means to Ensure Food Security
- Food Fraud, Food Safety, Private Standards and GFSI
A preview of the Conference Board's first Provincial Report Card on Food will be presented at the summit. The Report Card compares and assesses the food performance of the ten provinces in five areas against each other including: food industry prosperity, healthy food and diets, food safety, household food security and environmental sustainability.
When: November 28-29, 2016
Where: Toronto Downtown Marriott Eaton Centre, Toronto, Ontario
Who: Speakers include:
- The Hon. Art Eggleton, Senator, Senate of Canada
- Craig Alexander, Senior Vice-President and Chief Economist, The Conference Board of Canada
- John Baffes, Senior Economist, Development Prospects Group, The World Bank
- Michiel Bakker, Director, Global Food Services, Google
- Dr. Sylvain Charlebois, Dean, Dalhousie University
- Dr. Elaine Chin, Chief Wellness Officer, TELUS Communications Inc.
- Carl Colizza, President and Chief Operating Officer, Dairy Division (Canada), Saputo Inc.
- Daryl Porter, Vice-President, Omni-Channel Operations, Walmart Canada, Inc.
- Jan H. Westcott, President and Chief Executive Officer, Spirits Canada
- Dr. William Yan, Director, Bureau of Nutritional Services, Health Canada
This conference is sponsored by Spirits Canada, Food & Consumer Products of Canada, Saputo Inc., Government of Canada, Dairy Farmers of Canada, and Foodland Ontario.
For the full list of speakers, schedule and times, visit:
Media Accreditation is required.
Follow us on Twitter: @CBoC_Food and #CBoCFood
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: or media accreditation, contact: Natasha Jamieson, Communications Coordinator, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 307, E-mail: [email protected] or Yvonne Squires, Media Relations, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 221, E-mail: [email protected],