HALIFAX, March 24, 2017 /CNW/ - The Conference Board of Canada will host Atlantic HR 2017: Facing Challenges, Building on Strengths on March 28 in Halifax. This event will bring together HR leaders in Atlantic Canada to address the challenges demographic change poses for employers in Atlantic Canada. The region's aging workforce and the continuing out-migration of the younger population are the biggest threats to the success of employers and the whole region.
On March 29, The Honourable Mark Furey, Minister of Business and Minister of Service Nova Scotia, will join Nova Scotia business leaders and policy makers at the Atlantic Business Outlook: Halifax. Craig Alexander, The Conference Board of Canada's Chief Economist, will provide a deep dive analysis into the numbers and factors underpinning the economy from a global, national, provincial and local perspective.
When/ Where: Both events to be held at Westin Nova Scotian, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Speakers and panellists at the Atlantic HR 2017 include:
- Cynthia Carroll, Executive Director, Autism Nova Scotia
- Gillian L. Gray, Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Medavie Blue Cross
- Dr. Jamie A Gruman, Associate Professor, Organizational Behaviour, University of Guelph
- Shannon Jackson, Associate Director, Human Resources Transformation and Effectiveness Research, The Conference Board of Canada
- Gregory C.P. Matte, National Executive Director, Helmets to Hardhats Canada
Speakers and panellists at the Atlantic Business Outlook: Halifax include:
- The Hon. Mark Furey, Minister of Business and Minister of Service Nova Scotia, Nova Scotia Department of Business
- Craig Alexander, Chief Economist and Senior Vice-President, The Conference Board of Canada
- Pedro Antunes, Deputy Chief Economist, The Conference Board of Canada
- Laurel C Broten, President and Chief Executive Officer, Nova Scotia Business Inc.
- Scott Jamieson, Vice-President of Programs, Irving Shipbuilding Inc.
- Ian Douglas Munro, Chief Economist, Halifax Partnership
Atlantic HR 2017 is sponsored by Saint Mary's University Sobey School of Business. Atlantic Business Outlook: Halifax is sponsored by Nova Scotia Business Inc.
For the full list of speakers, schedule and times, visit:
Atlantic HR 2017: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/atlantichr/agenda.aspx
Atlantic Business Outlook: Halifax: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/16-0223/agenda.aspx
Media Accreditation is required.
Follow us on Twitter: @CBoC_Events | #CBoCHR | #CBoCEconomics
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: or media accreditation, contact: Natasha Jamieson, Communications Coordinator, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 307, E-mail: [email protected]; Yvonne Squires, Media Relations, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 221, E-mail: [email protected]