Media Invited to Canada-Israel Panel on Opportunities for Collaboration in Brain Research on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario
TORONTO, May 7, 2012 /CNW/ - Baycrest, the Ontario Brain Institute (OBI) and the Canada-Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (CIIRDF) are pleased to invite media to a Canada-Israel Panel on Brain Research with His Excellency, Shimon Peres, President of Israel, and five prominent innovation leaders from Ontario and Israel.
Inspired by the leadership of President Peres, Israel has embarked on a mission to become a world leader in groundbreaking brain research and neurotechnology development. This panel will provide an opportunity for President Peres to articulate his vision and learn about Ontario's unique R&D strengths in neurological R&D from globally-recognized experts. It will promote dynamic dialogue on the opportunity to unlock the secrets of the human brain, and to stimulate interdisciplinary research cooperation between innovators in Ontario, Canada more broadly, and Israel.
Highlighting the potential to develop novel diagnostics and treatments for neurological disorders such as Epilepsy, Stroke, Autism, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, panelists will explore the translation of research results into clinical applications that could benefit millions around the world. It will also elaborate on related global market opportunities for Canadian and Israeli firms in this critical field.
|WHAT||- Charting a New Frontier in Brain Research to Better Humanity: A panel discussion hosted by Baycrest, OBI and CIIRDF|
|WHERE||- The Ritz-Carlton Toronto, Salon III, 181 Wellington Street West, Toronto|
|WHEN|| - Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Canada-Israel Panel on Brain Research: 11 AM - 12 Noon
Media Question and Answer Period with Panelists: 12 Noon - 1:30 PM
Media are encouraged to arrive at the hotel by 10 AM for security clearance.
WHO - Keynote speakers include:
- His Excellency, Shimon Peres, President of Israel
- The Honourable Brad Duguid, Minister of Economic Development and Innovation
- Dr. William Reichman, President and CEO of Baycrest, a global leader in innovations in aging and brain health; and Dr. Donald Stuss, President and Scientific Director of the Ontario Brain Institute; Co-Chairs of the Panel
THE PANEL - The panel will be moderated by Dr. Henri Rothschild, President of CIIRDF, and bring together:
- David Naylor, MD, PhD, President, University of Toronto
- Peter L. Carlen, MD, Senior Scientist, Toronto Western Research Institute
- Rafi Gidron, PhD, Founder and Chairman, Israel Brain Technologies
- Randy McIntosh, PhD, Vice President, Research, Director, Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest
- John Soloninka, President and CEO, HTX - The Health Technology Exchange
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MEDIA
Registration and Photo ID Required: As per security requirements at this event, media are required to confirm their attendance at this event by 10 AM on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 with Kelly Connelly, Baycrest Media Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Only accredited media with photo ID (such as a driver's license, health card or passport) who are registered for the event will be permitted to attend.
Media Interviews and Q&A: President Peres will not address questions during this event. Media will have the opportunity to engage all panelists in one-on-one interviews from 12 Noon to 1:30 PM.
For further information:
Senior Media Officer
Senior Communications Strategist
Canada-Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (CIIRDF)