HALIFAX, April 12, 2013 /CNW/ - Senator Thomas Johnson McInnis, on behalf of the Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, will announce the funding of a new research chair on vaccines for infants and children.
Following the announcement, media are invited to a photo opportunity with Senator McInnis and local families who have participated in research studies at the Canadian Centre for Vaccinology.
When arriving at the IWK Health Centre, media are asked to visit the Public Relations Office, located in the lobby of the Women's Building, before proceeding to the event location.
|Who:|| • Senator Thomas Johnson McInnis
• Anne McGuire, IWK Health Centre President and CEO
• Tom Marrie, Dean, Dalhousie Medical School
• Gerry Johnston, Associate Dean of Research, Dalhousie Medical School
• Glenn Crater, Country Medical Director, GlaxoSmithKline Inc
• Allison Edwards, Executive Director, Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation
|When:|| Monday, April 15, 2013 at 11 a.m.
| Parker Reception Room
Dalhousie University -- IWK Health Centre
Canadian Center for Vaccinology
5850 University Ave
Halifax, NS B3K 6R8
Ce document est également disponible en français.
SOURCE: Canadian Institutes of Health Research
For further information:
David Coulombe, CIHR, 613-941-4563 Cell: 613-808-7526, [email protected]
Allison Gerrard, Dalhousie Medical School, 902-494-1789, [email protected]
Melanie Tibbetts, IWK Health Centre, 909-470-6740, [email protected]