TORONTO, June 18, 2018 /CNW/ - With the passing of Bill C-45 in the Senate, Canada is one step closer to becoming the first G7 country to legalize the recreational use of marijuana.
The Conference Board of Canada's Marijuana @ Work conference will bring together industry leaders and experts to discuss the potential impact on Canadian workplaces— from productivity and safety to alcohol and drug policies to the accommodation of medical marijuana.
In conjunction with this event, the Conference Board will be releasing new research on Canadian employers' concerns surrounding the legalization of recreational cannabis.
When: June 19, 2018
Where: The Globe and Mail Centre, Toronto, Ontario
Who: Speakers include:
- W.A. Bogart, University Professor and Professor of Law, University of Windsor
- Vaughan Campbell, Director, Organizational Excellence, Learning and Leadership, The Conference Board of Canada
- Michael Boivin, Pharmacist Consultant, Continuing Education Developer and President, CommPharm Consulting Inc.
- Dr. Bill Howatt, Chief Research and Development Officer, Workforce Productivity, Morneau Shepell Ltd.
- Megan MacRae, Executive Director, Human Resources, Toronto Transit Commission
- Simon-Pierre Paquette, Counsel, Canadian National Railway Company
- Dr. Melissa Snider-Adler, Chief Medical Review Officer, DriverCheck Inc.
- Janet Yale, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Arthritis Society
For the full schedule and times visit: https://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/marijuana/agenda.aspx
Follow @CBoC_Events or #CBoCHR on Twitter.
Media accreditation is required. Limited media passes available.
This conference is sponsored by Manulife and DriverCheck.
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: or media accreditation, contact: Natasha Jamieson, Media Relations, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 307, E-mail: [email protected]; or Yvonne Squires, Supervisor, Corporate Communications, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 221, E-mail: [email protected]