Media advisory - Ontario Energy Board Coming to Napanee to Hear From Consumers
Jun 16, 2017, 16:52 ET
TORONTO, June 16, 2017 /CNW/ - The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) is bringing its rate review process to Napanee. The province's energy regulator has received a rate application from Hydro One to increase its distribution rates over five years beginning on January 1, 2018.
The amounts requested by Hydro One in its application to the OEB relate to its distribution business and do not reflect any credits or other changes resulting from the Fair Hydro Act, 2017. Any amounts approved by the OEB will not impact the distribution line of the bill of most Hydro One customers, after the Fair Hydro Act credits and changes are applied.
The OEB will carefully review Hydro One's application. As part of its review, the OEB is holding a community meeting to help consumers:
- Learn more about Hydro One's costs as described in its rate application;
- Find out how they can get involved in the OEB's process; and
- Provide their comments to the OEB about Hydro One's application.
When: Monday, June 19, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. (Doors open at 6 p.m.)
Where: Strathcona Paper Centre – Lafarge Hall, 16 McPherson Drive
Media are welcome to attend.
Consumers are invited to make a five-minute presentation at the meeting by first contacting the OEB at [email protected] or by calling 416-440-7605 or 1-877-632-2727 (toll-free within Ontario) and quoting file number EB-2017-0049.
For More Information
- How to get involved in the OEB's rate review processes, please visit: oeb.ca/consumervoice.
- Hydro One's distribution rate application: oeb.ca/participate/applications/current-major-applications/eb-2017-0049
- Fair Hydro Act's Bill Impact: Backgrounder & Hydro One Community Presentation
About the OEB
The Ontario Energy Board is an independent and impartial public regulatory agency. We make decisions that serve the public interest. Our goal is to promote a sustainable and efficient energy sector that provides consumers with reliable energy services at a reasonable cost.
SOURCE Ontario Energy Board
For further information: Media Inquiries, 416-544-5171; Public Inquiries, 416-314-2455, 1-877-632-2727
Share this article