TORONTO, March 23 /CNW Telbec/ - While many healthcare organizations have made significant progress in managing their operational risks by implementing patient safety and quality programs, few have systematically tackled the risks that threaten the enterprise as a whole.
Healthcare Enterprise Risk Management: Bringing ERM to Life, hosted by The Conference Board of Canada, will feature:
- a board of directors' governance panel discussion
- case studies; and
- a healthcare Chief Executive Officers' panel.
When: Wednesday, March 24 and Thursday, March 25, 2010
- Keynote Address: Pursuing ERM: A Local Roadmap for Canadian
Healthcare Leaders, Wednesday at 8:30 a.m.
James Haney, Healthcare Consultant and Fellow of the Canadian
Health Services Research Foundation, Executive Training for
Research Application Program
- Directors' Panel Discussion: View from the Top, Wednesday at
- Jean-Pierre Boisclair, Member, Board of Governors, The
Ottawa Hospital, Chair, Board of Directors, Ottawa
Children's Treatment Centre, and Vice-President and Chief
Financial Officer, The Conference Board of Canada
- Kathy A. Durst, Chair, Board of Directors, Waterloo
Wellington Local Health Integration Network
- Constance L. Sugiyama, Chair, Board of Trustees, The
Hospital for Sick Children, Member, Board of Directors,
Canada Health Infoway, and Senior Partner, Gowling Lafleur
- C-Suite Panel Discussion: Engaging the Leadership Team,
Thursday, at 9:00 a.m.
- Carolyn Baker, President and Chief Executive Officer,
St. Joseph's Health Centre Toronto
- Glenna Ruth Raymond, President and Chief Executive Officer,
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
Where: The Sutton Place Hotel, 955 Bay St., Toronto
For more information, visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/10-0078/default.aspx
The conference is sponsored by CURA, Canadian College of Health Service Executives, Canadian Health Services Research Foundation, Canadian Society of Physician Executives, and International Council for Operational Risk Management.
Media must register in advance.
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: For further information: or media accreditation, contact: Yvonne Squires, Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Tel.: (613) 526-3090, ext. 221, E-mail: email@example.com