TORONTO, Jan. 18, 2017 /CNW/ - With the prevalence of high debt and lack of savings, employee financial wellness is becoming a growing concern among financial professionals and HR managers. Financial stress translates into anxiety at work, leads to lower productivity, loss of engagement, and even absenteeism.
The Conference Board of Canada will host the Financial Wellness and Retirement Readiness conference in Toronto on January 23-24, where financial and HR experts will discuss topics such as:
- How to integrate financial wellness into your wellness initiatives.
- The direct connection between improved financial literacy and overall wellness.
- The role of pensions and benefits programs in financial wellness.
- The investment approaches and attitudes to finance of millennial employees.
- How lack of retirement readiness impacts the performance of your organization.
A preview of joint research from Sun Life and the Conference Board on the financial wellbeing of Canadians will be presented at the event. This brand new research explores debt levels of Canadians, gender differences, financial literacy and confidence and retirement readiness, as well as reviews what employers are doing to help their employees.
When: January 23-24, 2017
Where: Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre, Toronto, Ontario
Who: Speakers include:
- Craig Alexander, Senior Vice-President and Chief Economist, The Conference Board of Canada
- Simon Brascoupé, Vice-President, Education and Training, AFOA Canada
- Giselle Kovary, President and Co-Founder, n-gen People Performance Inc.
- Bonnie-Jeanne MacDonald, Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, Academic Researcher, Dalhousie University
- Elizabeth Mulholland, Chief Executive Officer, Prosper Canada
- Brigitte Parent, Senior Vice-President, Group Benefits, Sun Life Financial Canada
- Dr. Marie-Hélène Pelletier, Assistant Vice-President, Workplace Mental Health, Sun Life Financial Canada
- Jane Rooney, Canada's Financial Literacy Leader, The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
- Louis Thériault, Vice-President, Public Policy, The Conference Board of Canada
This conference is sponsored by Sun Life Financial, The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada, Conduent, and Willis Towers Watson.
For the full list of speakers, schedule and times, visit:
Media Accreditation is required.
Follow us on Twitter: @CBoC_Events and #CBoCPension
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: For more information or media accreditation, contact: Natasha Jamieson, Communications Coordinator, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 307, E-mail: [email protected]; Yvonne Squires, Media Relations, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 221, E-mail: [email protected]