OTTAWA, Nov. 25, 2016 /CNW/ - The 4th Annual Skills and Post-Secondary Education Summit, hosted by The Conference Board of Canada's Centre for Skills and Post-Secondary Education (SPSE), will explore strategies and actions needed to build and maintain a world class post-secondary education system.
Canadian and international experts will discuss key issues, identify strategic goals, and establish concrete actions to achieve the necessary changes in Canada's PSE system. Topics covered, include:
- Implementing a Skills and Post-Secondary Education Strategy for Canada;
- Structural and institutional changes needed to improve Canada's PSE system;
- Successful regional and international PSE and skills policies, programs and practices;
- Engaging employers in skills development; and
- Actions needed to ensure access and equity to PSE and skills development opportunities in Canada.
When: November 30 – December 1, 2016
Where: Toronto Downtown Marriott Eaton Centre, Toronto, Ontario
Who: Speakers include:
- Dr. Daniel F. Muzyka, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Conference Board of Canada
- Dr. Robert Fleming, Executive Director and Co-Chair, British Columbia Council on Admissions & Transfer
- Dr. Mamdouh Shoukri, President and Vice-Chancellor, York University
- The Hon. David H. Tsubouchi, Registrar and Chief Executive Officer, Ontario College of Trades
- Dr. Karen Barnes, President & Vice Chancellor, Yukon College
- Dr. Cynthia Wesley-Esquimaux, Indigenous Chair for Truth and Reconciliation, Lakehead University
- Dr. Joel Westheimer, University Research Chair in Democracy and Education, University of Ottawa
- Susan B. Uchida, Vice-President, Learning, RBC
This conference is sponsored by RBC, Ontario College of Trades, Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences, and the University of Victoria Co-operative Education Program and Career Services.
For the full list of speakers, schedule and times, visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/education/agenda.aspx
Media Accreditation is required.
Follow us on Twitter: @CBoC_SPSE and #CBoCEducation
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: or media accreditation, contact: Natasha Jamieson, Communications Coordinator, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 307, E-mail: [email protected]; or Yvonne Squires, Media Relations, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 221, E-mail: [email protected]; Corporate Communications, Telephone: 613-526-3280, [email protected]