Eligible Adult residents living where McDelivery is available have a chance to win a piece of '90s-inspired swag through a social contest on July 19*
TORONTO, July 16, 2018 /CNW/ - With more than 10-million Chicken McNuggets® delivered through Uber Eats, McDonald's Canada is marking the one-year anniversary of McDelivery by joining markets around the world in a one-day worldwide celebration event on July 19.
As part of McDelivery Day, McDonald's has released an exclusive swag collection – the Throwback Collection – inspired by the revival of everything '90s. In Canada, eligible adult entrants who place a McDelivery order on July 19* and then share a photo with their McDelivery bag on Instagram or Twitter with the appropriate tag @McDonaldsCanada and hashtag #McDelivery and #Contest, will have a chance to win an item from this exclusive collection, as well as a chance to win one of hundreds of promo codes for food items to use on their next McDelivery order. Visit here for more information about the contest, including the Official Rules which set out all the details of the contest, including no purchase entry.*
McDelivery with Uber Eats is just one way that McDonald's Canada continues to enhance the guest experience through added convenience. In addition to self-order kiosks and table service, McDonald's Canada continues to modernize the restaurant experience for their guests through the recent launch of mobile ordering.
"In just one year, we have more than doubled our delivery footprint and are regularly launching in new restaurants and markets," said Dan Logan, McDelivery Director, McDonald's Canada. "McDelivery is a unique way for our guests to enjoy McDonald's outside of the restaurant and an opportunity for us to deliver an unmatched guest experience right at their fingertips."
"We're thrilled to celebrate the first anniversary of McDonald's on the Uber Eats app. With Uber Eats, you can order your favourite meals and have them delivered at Uber speed, whenever you want them; we're proud to offer that experience from one of the world's most beloved restaurants to Eaters across Canada," said Dan Park, General Manager of Uber Eats Canada.
Canadians love their McDelivery! Below are some fun facts from the past year of McDelivery in Canada:
- In the past year, more than 10 million Chicken McNuggets® were ordered through McDelivery
- The most popular items that have been ordered on McDelivery include the Big Mac® Meal, 10 piece Chicken McNuggets® Meal and the classic cheeseburger
- The largest order to-date was comprised of 150 McDonald's menu items, and included 50 orders of World Famous Fries™, 50 orders of the Junior Chicken, and 50 orders of cheeseburgers
- Dinner time was the most popular time of day for McDelivery orders (36%), followed by late-night (32%) and lunch (22%)
- McDelivery is available in more than 500 restaurants in more than 100 communities in Canada
- McDonald's offers delivery in more than 47 countries and 7,000 markets around the world
- In just one year, McDonald's has delivered more than 4.5 million Big Macs across the globe
ABOUT McDonald's® Canada
In 1967, Canadians welcomed the first McDonald's restaurant to Richmond, British Columbia. Today, McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited has become part of the Canadian fabric, serving close to three million guests every day. Together with our franchisees, we proudly employ nearly 100,000 people from coast-to-coast and more than 90 per cent of McDonald's 1,400 Canadian restaurants are locally owned and operated by independent entrepreneurs. Of the almost $1 billion we spend on food, beverages and packaging, more than 85 per cent is purchased from suppliers in Canada. For more information on McDonald's Canada visit McDonalds.ca.
ABOUT Uber Eats
Uber Eats is Uber's stand-alone meal delivery app that makes getting food as easy as requesting a ride, whether you're at home, the office, or the park. Uber is leveraging its technology and expanding its delivery partner network to deliver food to hungry customers who can track their order, customize their drop off, and use the same account they use to take rides. Uber Eats is available in more than 200 cities in all inhabitable continents around the globe.
* McDelivery order must be placed between 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time and 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on July 19, 2018. No purchase entry also is available, if they so choose, to eligible adults who reside in a city/municipality where McDelivery is available. See full details in the Official Rules for the Contest.
SOURCE McDonald's Canada