Ontario First Region to Complete McDonald's Restaurant Experience of the Future concept
LONDON, ON, May 10, 2016 /CNW/ - Today, McDonald's Canada and its Ontario franchisees announced a whole new experience is being served up at nearly 220 restaurants in Ontario – everything from new McCafé® Bakery products, Self-Order Kiosks, new Guest Experience Leaders, build-your-own burgers and table service. As part of the company's modernized guest experience, Ontario is the first region in Canada to complete the transformation at participating restaurants, involving an investment of $200,000 to $250,000 per restaurant, with plans to create between 10 and 15 new jobs per restaurant.
"The future is now at McDonald's across Ontario," said Vic Rocca, Regional Vice President, Ontario. "Our new restaurant experience is all about our guests and what they are looking for – from more traditional menu items to new customizable offerings. We invite Ontarians to taste and see for themselves what's different at their local McDonald's."
Nearly 220 restaurants across Ontario now feature the new McDonald's Canada experience, which includes:
- McCafé Bakery: A selection of bakery items, including pastries, croissants and danishes, that are baked fresh daily in the restaurants and made with real butter.
- Enhanced Guest Experience: Guest Experience Leaders are on-hand to engage with guests - from hello to goodbye - to ensure a memorable dining experience. The introduction of Self-Order Kiosks gives guests a modern opportunity to try their own hand at customizing their burger and ordering at their own pace.
- Investing in People: By the end of 2017, McDonald's Canada expects to grow to 100,000 employees overall across its corporate and franchised restaurants. With new restaurant processes, enriched education partnerships and modern uniforms, crew members enjoy simplified and innovative ways to grow their careers and guest relationships. This commitment translates to between 10 and 15 new positions per restaurant.
- Customized Menu Options: The new Build Your Own Burger option lets guests personalize their own premium burger in five simple steps. Guests can choose from nearly 30 options including five cheeses, 12 toppings, two buns, a lettuce wrap and nine sauces. This new offering will be introduced to approximately 1,000 restaurants across Canada by the end of 2017.
- Table Service: Guests can now experience table delivery complete with the warm and genuine hospitality McDonald's is renowned for. Once a custom burger is ordered, guests can take a seat while they wait for one of the new dedicated wait staff to deliver their order right to their table.
"Our brand transformation delivers on what our guests have been asking for, more personalization and customization," added Rocca. "It's about evolving, but not completely changing who we are. There will be more interaction with our employees, new technology and new build-your-own burger options, however our commitment to great tasting food and friendly service continues."
About McDonald's Canada
In 1967, Canadians welcomed the first McDonald's restaurant to Richmond, British Columbia. Today, McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited has become part of the Canadian fabric, serving close to three million guests every day. Together with our franchisees, we proudly employ nearly 90,000 people from coast-to-coast and approximately 85 per cent of McDonald's 1,400 Canadian restaurants are locally owned and operated by independent entrepreneurs. Of the almost $1 billion we spend on food, more than 85 per cent is purchased from over 100 suppliers in Canada. For more information on McDonald's Canada visit McDonalds.ca.
SOURCE McDonald's Canada
For further information: Michelle Yao, McDonald's Canada, Michelle.Yao@ca.mcd.com, 416-446-3634; Lauren Thomson, Weber Shandwick for McDonald's, email@example.com, 416-564-9409