-- Increased sales by Mazda3 and CX-5 help buoy sales through January's polar vortex --
RICHMOND HILL, ON, Feb. 3, 2014 /CNW/ - Mazda Canada announced sales for January 2014 today totaling 3,754, which is even when compared to January 2013.
Sales in January were led by the compact Mazda3, with 2,287 sold, marking the best January sales since 2010. The all-new 2014 Mazda3, available with the full suite of SKYACTIV Technology, saw sales increase by 38% in January. 79% of all Mazda3s sold in January were equipped with the fuel-efficient SKYACTIV Technology, which also accounted for 77% of all Mazda vehicles sold in the month of January.
With total sales of 960 in January, the 2014 CX-5 continues its hot streak, claiming twelve consecutive months of increased sales, rising year-over-year by 23%.
"The fastest growing segments in the Canadian market continue to be the compact car and crossover segments, where we offer the award-winning Mazda3 and CX-5," said Clark Colby, Director, Sales at Mazda Canada. "As the awards keep coming in, these two vehicles continue to prove that they are at the top of their class."
- CX-5 sales up for twelve consecutive months, increase 23% for best January on record
- Mazda3 sales increased 38%, best January sales since 2010
- MX-5 sales jumped by 200% versus January 2013, best January since 2008
- Light truck sales rose by 9% over January 2013
- SKYACTIV Technology vehicles accounted for 77% of all sales in January
- Full-line sales increase year-over-year for best January sales since 2010
About Mazda Canada Inc.
Mazda Canada Inc. is responsible for the sales and marketing, customer service and parts support of Mazda vehicles in Canada. Headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Mazda Canada has a nationwide network of 162 dealerships. For additional information visit Mazda Canada's media website at www.media.mazda.ca
SOURCE: Mazda Canada Inc.
For further information:
Sandra Lemaitre, National Manager, Public Relations
(905) 787-7167; [email protected]