-- All-time record sales month for CX-5 --
TORONTO, May 1, 2014 /CNW/ - Mazda Canada announced sales for April 2014 today totaling 7,420, which represents an increase of 11% compared to April 2013.
Sales in April were led by the compact Mazda3 with 4,239 sold; a 29% increase over April 2013 and up 3% year-to-date. Mazda's second-best selling vehicle, the Mazda CX-5, continued its hot streak in April with an all-time record sales month of 1,949 units, up 18% over the same period last year and up 13% year-to-date.
"Canadian consumers' love for compact SUVs shows no sign of slowing down, and Mazda is well positioned in this segment," said David Klan, Senior Director, Sales, Marketing & Regional Operations, Mazda Canada. "Our CX-5 offers an affordable, fun-to-drive and fuel efficient utility vehicle in a striking design package, and April's sales show its appeal continues to attract more customers each month."
- CX-5 sales up 18% year-over-year, marking its best sales month on record
- Mazda3 sales up 29% year-over-year and 3% year-to-date
- Mazda2 sales increased by 35% year-over-year
- Light truck sales rose by 9.5% over April 2013; up 7% year-to-date
- SKYACTIV Technology vehicles accounted for 85% of all sales in April
- Total year-to-date sales of 21,984 are down 6% versus 2013, which is largely attributed to Mazda's managed reduction in fleet sales
About Mazda Canada Inc.
Mazda Canada Inc. is responsible for the sales and marketing, customer service and parts support of Mazda vehicles in Canada. Headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Mazda Canada has a nationwide network of 165 dealerships. For additional information visit Mazda Canada's media website at www.media.mazda.ca
SOURCE: Mazda Canada Inc.
For further information:
Sandra Lemaitre, National Manager, Public Relations
(905) 787-7167; firstname.lastname@example.org