TORONTO, Nov. 22, 2017 /CNW/ - Mackenzie Financial Corporation (Mackenzie Investments) announced the launch today of three new Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) that broaden choice, opportunity and diversification for investors.
"We are very excited to expand our ETF shelf with these new products, delivering solutions to investors that offer the benefits of our portfolio management expertise plus the structural benefits unique to ETFs including liquidity and flexibility," said Michael Cooke, Senior Vice President and Head of Exchange Traded Funds at Mackenzie Investments.
The new ETFs, including an active equity ETF, provide various opportunities to manage interest rate risk, leverage non-traditional asset classes and invest in enhanced global equity diversification including:
- TSX: MIVG Mackenzie Ivy Global Equity ETF – With 53% of Canadian advisors expecting their clients to increase their international investments in the next two to three years, the Mackenzie Ivy Team brings their unique expertise to the ETF space for the first time, seeking to provide long-term capital growth with international exposure.
- TSX: MCSB Mackenzie Canadian Short Term Fixed Income ETF – 85% of Canadian investors working with advisors, are interested in how to generate investment income while in retirement. This new ETF, managed by the Mackenzie Fixed Income Team, invests in high quality fixed-income securities with relatively shorter terms to maturity.
- TSX: MPCF Mackenzie Portfolio Completion ETF – Among Canadian advisors, 87% said it is important to offer clients new and innovative products. This new ETF provides diversification, long-term capital appreciation, and the potential for income by investing primarily in a diversified portfolio of alternative asset class ETFs and currencies.
These new Exchange Traded Funds further enhance Mackenzie's breadth of solutions for Canadian advisors and their clients.
The initial offering of the following new ETFs has now closed and the ETFs will begin trading today on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Data is based on:
- Environics: A survey of 412 Canadian advisors that was completed online between June 20 and July 12, 2017 using Environics' Advisor Research panel. A probability sample of the same size would yield a margin of error (MOE) of +/- 4.8%, 19 times out of 20.
- Environics: A survey of 1,247 Canadians 18-75 years old, who have an investment portfolio or plans to begin investing in the near future was completed online between June 27 and July 11, 2017. A probability sample of the same size would yield a MOE of +/- 2.8%, 19 times out of 20.
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967, and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services. With $93.5 billion in assets under management as of October 31, 2017, Mackenzie Investments distributes its investment services through multiple distribution channels to both retail and institutional investors. Mackenzie Investments is a member of the IGM Financial Inc. (TSX: IGM) group of companies. IGM Financial is one of Canada's premier financial services companies with $154 billion in total assets under management as of October 31, 2017. For more information, visit mackenzieinvestments.com.
SOURCE Mackenzie Financial Corporation
For further information: Trish Tervit, Director, Communications and Media Relations, Mackenzie Investments, 416-967-2166, [email protected]