Made with quality ingredients, La Boulange™/ MC pastries complement the uncompromising quality of Starbucks® coffee
TORONTO, March 3, 2015 /CNW/ - Starbucks Canada is giving customers in British Columbia and Ontario* some delicious new reasons to enjoy more than just their perfect cup of coffee this morning. Today, more than 70 per cent of Starbucks Canada cafes have transformed their pastry cases with the Canadian debut of a brand new assortment of classic French-inspired, artisanal pastries from La Boulange™/MC Bakery, demonstrating Starbucks® commitment to offering high quality products and the best possible experience to customers.
"Great coffee deserves great food and like Starbucks and coffee, La Boulange™/MC represents so much more than finely baked goods," says Isabelle Hemond, director, Food, Starbucks Canada. "We share common values with the goal to inspire moments of connection at our core. We are bringing our customers products made with simple, high quality ingredients that are truly exceptional. Tasting is believing."
Starbucks has made strides in evolving its food portfolio and La Boulange™/MC represents a significant next step in the company's journey to bring authentic and delicious food to customers who expect the very best, free from artificial dyes and flavours. Founded by renowned baker and chef Pascal Rigo, La Boulange was shaped by taking French baking traditions and developing authentic, homemade specialties. The availability of La Boulange™/MC products at Starbucks® stores will give customers a way to experience true culinary artistry on a grand scale as the perfect complement to the high quality cup of coffee.
The Starbucks Canada La Boulange™/MC pastry assortment includes nine brand new artisanal pastries. Many customer favourites at Starbucks such as loaf cakes and cookies have been reimagined and enhanced with premium ingredients under the guidance of La Boulange™/MC. Available at participating stores in British Columbia and Ontario starting today, the new assortment of classic French-inspired offerings includes:
- La Boulange™/MC Butter Croissant – All-butter pastry with melt-in-your mouth flaky, light layers
- La Boulange™/MC Single-Origin Chocolate Croissant – Flaky and buttery croissant dough and rich, velvety single-origin chocolate
- La Boulange™/MC Almond Croissant Blossom – All-butter pastry with pastry cream and frangipane
- La Boulange™/MC Cheese Danish – Flaky all-butter pastry with Neufchatel cheese
- La Boulange™/MC Gluten-Free Flourless Chocolate Cookie - Gluten-free, with single-origin chocolate chunks
- La Boulange™/MC Gluten-Free Marshmallow Dream Bar – Crisped rice and fluffy marshmallow with hints of smooth vanilla extract and a touch of sea salt
- La Boulange™/MC Double Chocolate Chunk Brownie - Chunks of melted chocolate baked into a rich, chewy brownie
- La Boulange™/MC Buttermilk Blueberry Scone - A traditional scone with rich biscuit texture, sweet dried blueberries, buttermilk and lemon
- La Boulange™/ MC Cranberry Orange Scone - Moist, buttery, biscuit scone made with buttermilk and infused with candied orange peel and sweet dried cranberries
Starbucks recommends enjoying pastries warm for the full La Boulange™/ MC bakery experience, however La Boulange™/MC pastries are just as delicious enjoyed at room temperature.
Starbucks acquired La Boulange in 2012 and in late 2014 completed the roll out of La Boulange™/ MC baked goods to all U.S. company-operated and licensed stores. Ontario and British Columbia are the first markets outside of the U.S. to offer the La Boulange™/MC experience to customers. Starbucks will launch La Boulange™/ MC baked goods in stores in Ottawa, Quebec and Atlantic Canada at the end of March and Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba in June.
For more information, please visit www.starbucks.ca
* Initial roll out excludes Ottawa. Participating stores in Ottawa will launch La Boulange ™/ MC Bakery March 31.
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting high-quality arabica coffee. Today, with more than 21,000 stores around the globe, Starbucks is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit our stores or online at Starbucks.ca and news.starbucks.com
SOURCE Starbucks Coffee Canada
Image with caption: "Jaylene Yu, Starbucks barista at First Canadian Place in Toronto shares a selection of new French-inspired pastries from La Boulange™?. The new premium pastry offering and its iconic pink branding will be available in participating cafes Ontario and British Columbia starting March 3, 2015. (CNW Group/Starbucks Coffee Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150303_C4242_PHOTO_EN_12759.jpg