Commemoration of the 25th anniversary of December 6, 1989
MONTRÉAL, Dec. 5 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Media representatives are cordially invited to the historic ceremonial laying of three bouquets of 14 white roses by official representatives of Polytechnique and its student associations from 1989 and today.
The ceremony will take place at 1 p.m. on Saturday, December 6, 2014, at the commemorative plaque located on the west façade of the main building of Polytechnique.
Attending will be:
- Michèle Thibodeau-DeGuire, Principal and Chair of the Polytechnique Board of Directors; and
- Rolland Doré, past Principal and Chair of the Polytechnique Board of Directors (1989)
- Christophe Guy, CEO of Polytechnique; and
- Louis Courville, past Interim CEO (1989) of Polytechnique
- Romain Gayet, President of the Polytechnique Students' Association;
- Raphaël Beamonte, President of the Polytechnique Graduate Students' Association; and
- Alain Perreault, past President (1989) of the Polytechnique Students' Association
Official placing of bouquets of 14 white roses before the commemorative plaque
1 p.m., Saturday, December 6
West façade of the main building
Université de Montréal Campus
Université-de-Montréal métro station
Free parking outside the main building
Location of the commemorative plaque:
Information in French about the commemorative plaque:
Officials will be available for interviews on December 6 following the observance of a minute of silence.
SOURCE: Polytechnique Montréal
For further information: Andrée Peltier, 514 846-0003, 514 944-8689 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Interview requestsPolytechnique Montréal: Annie Touchette, 514 231-8133 or email@example.com