- OLG's newest daily lottery game offers Ontarians the chance to spin the famous wheel -
TORONTO, Nov. 5, 2013 /CNW/ - WHEEL OF FORTUNE LOTTO is "spinning" into lottery retail locations across Ontario today, November 5. The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation's (OLG) new daily game, based on the popular television game show, offers players two exciting chances to win with one $2 ticket. Players can win up to $10,000 instantly while watching an animated "spin of the wheel" on the customer display screen at your local retailer, and also win up to $100,000 with the nightly Lotto Word Draw.
"The new WHEEL OF FORTUNE LOTTO will entertain Ontarians as it brings to life the popular television game show through an exciting daily lottery game," said Wendy Montgomery, OLG Vice President, Lottery Marketing & Sales. "WHEEL OF FORTUNE LOTTO players will feel the anticipation of watching the famous wheel stop on a possible instant prize, as well as the thrill of another chance to win up to $100,000 in the nightly draw."
WHEEL OF FORTUNE LOTTO uses an Instant Prize Wheel for the in-store portion of the lotto game and Lotto Words in place of traditional lotto numbers for the nightly draw. With each $2 ticket, players will receive a Quick Pick for one animated "spin" of the Instant Prize Wheel and six Lotto Words. If the spin stops on a winning wheel sector, the player instantly wins the corresponding prize. Players will then hold onto their tickets for that evening's draw for $100,000. In order to win the nightly draw, players must match the Lotto Words on their ticket to the words drawn (from a pool of 39).
"Our research showed that three out of four players found the game appealing because of the unique and entertaining ways to win," continued Montgomery. "That it's based on the WHEEL OF FORTUNE game show, a cultural icon and the most successful game show in TV history, makes the lottery game that much more exciting."
Unofficial draw results will be announced through OLG.ca, Mobile Alerts and in media outlets across Ontario. For mobile alerts, players can subscribe at https://www.olgmobile.ca. For email alerts, players can subscribe to the Winners Edge email blast at http://profile.olg.ca.
Full game details are available at lottery retailers and on the WHEEL OF FORTUNE LOTTO page of www.olg.ca.
OLG is a provincial agency responsible for province-wide lottery games and gaming facilities. Since 1975, OLG has provided nearly $38 billion to the Province and the people of Ontario. OLG's annual payments to the Province have helped support health care; education, research, prevention and treatment of problem gambling; amateur sport through the QUEST FOR GOLD program; and local and provincial charities.
OLG is modernizing Lottery and Gaming for a better Ontario
Follow us on Twitter @modern_olg
"Know Your Limit. Play Within it"
THE ONTARIO PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE 1-888-230-3505
Disponible en français
WHEEL OF FORTUNE®1 LOTTO
- WHEEL OF FORTUNE LOTTO, based on the popular television game show, is an exciting new Ontario Daily game that gives players two chances to win for $2.
- WHEEL OF FORTUNE LOTTO features an in-store game with an animated "spin of the wheel" plus a nightly Lotto Words Draw. Both the in-store and lotto portions of the game have their own distinct prize structure.
- Each $2 Quick Pick randomly generates one animated "spin" of the Instant Prize Wheel. If the spin stops on a winning wheel sector, the player instantly wins the corresponding prize. Players can win up to $10,000 on the instant game.
- Each $2 Quick Pick also gives players an additional chance to win in the nightly Lotto Word Draw. Players can win up to $100,000 on the lotto portion by matching three or more Lotto Words on their ticket with the six Lotto Words drawn (from a pool of 39) nightly.
- WHEEL OF FORTUNE LOTTO can be played by Quick Pick only.
- Overall odds of winning a prize with WHEEL OF FORTUNE LOTTO are 1 in 3.83. Odds of winning the top lotto prize of $100,000 are 1 in 3.26 million. Odds of winning the top instant prize of $10,000 are 1 in 296,602.
- Advance Play, Repurchase and ENCORE are not available for WHEEL OF FORTUNE LOTTO.
- Tickets can be checked in various ways. Customers can check their ticket on the self-serve ticket checker, give it to an OLG retailer for validation, call the WIN Line at 1-866-891-8946 or check online at OLG.ca. For mobile alerts with winning numbers players can subscribe at https://www.olgmobile.ca
1 ©2013 Califon Productions, Inc. Wheel of Fortune is a registered trademark of Califon Productions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Image with caption: "Introducing WHEEL OF FORTUNE® LOTTO: OLG's newest daily lottery game offers Ontarians the chance to spin the famous wheel. (CNW Group/OLG)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20131105_C4280_PHOTO_EN_32959.jpg
For further information:
OLG MEDIA RELATIONS