New web application helps make selecting the perfect Internet plan simple
CHATHAM, ON, Feb. 5, 2014 /CNW/ - More than half of Canadians don't have a clear understanding of their Internet plans, according to a recent survey* from TekSavvy Solutions Inc., one of Canada's leading independent telecommunications service providers. In addition, 67 per cent of respondents believe Internet plans in Canada are too expensive.
The survey, commissioned by TekSavvy and conducted by IDC Canada, polled Canadians from September to October 2013. Survey results also found:
- Pricing is a key priority for Canadians. Of those polled who have switched Internet providers, 60 per cent citied price as the reason for their switch
- 30 per cent of Canadians have switched Internet service providers due to poor customer service
- One third (32 per cent) of respondents were unsure of how much bandwidth they need to support their online activities on a monthly basis
- Only one quarter (24 per cent) of Canadians keep track of their bandwidth usage; men in particular keep tabs on their monthly bandwidth usage (32 per cent), more often than women (17 per cent)
- 11 per cent of respondents didn't know what "bandwidth" is
"These survey results highlight that many Canadians don't have a clear understanding of their Internet plans, or which plan is right for them," said Pierre Aube, COO of TekSavvy. "We understand that choosing the right Internet plan is important and should be a painless process. At TekSavvy, we bring Canadians simple, fairly priced Internet packages with no contracts or hidden fees. We are committed to providing transparency and clarity to customers so they can be more informed and in control of their Internet data plan."
In light of the survey's findings, TekSavvy has developed a new web application to simplify the process of selecting the right Internet plan based on individual households' Internet usage patterns. By answering a few simple questions about how their household uses the Internet, consumers can easily determine which Internet plan best meets their needs. Find out how by visiting www.teksavvy.com/find-your-plan.
An infographic highlighting the survey's key results can be found here: www.go-teksavvy.com/infographic.html.
* The online survey of 1,500 Canadians, 18 years of age or older, was completed during October 2013 by IDC Canada. A probability sample of the same size would yield a margin of error of +/- 2.5 per cent, 19 times out of 20.
About TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
TekSavvy Solutions Inc (TSI), is one of the leading independent providers of telecommunications services in Canada. Founded in 1998, TSI provides residential, business and wholesale Internet and phone services in Canada. Today, TSI's services are used by tens of thousands of Canadians. Based in Chatham, Ontario, TSI operates offices in Chatham and Ottawa. TSI is a privately held company that is in the forefront of protecting Canadian consumers' rights online. For more information, visit www.teksavvy.com. We're Different. In a Good Way.
Image with caption: "TekSavvy Infographic (CNW Group/TekSavvy Solutions Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140205_C7654_PHOTO_EN_36280.jpg
SOURCE: TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
For further information:
Tina Furlan, Director of Marketing and Press Relations
TekSavvy Solutions Inc.