WINNIPEG, May 25, 2016 /CNW/ - Yesterday, Natural Resources Canada awarded Hydro Ottawa an ENERGY STAR® Canada Award for its successful approach to encouraging energy efficiency in 2015.
Through a stronger community presence and new digital marketing channels, more Hydro Ottawa customers are now making their homes energy efficient and are aware of the value of ENERGY STAR products.
ENERGY STAR-certified products are tested to meet strict technical specifications for energy performance. In Canada, the ENERGY STAR brand is administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Hydro Ottawa expanded customer engagement throughout its coupon event, added digital components to reach more people and enhanced awareness of the ENERGY STAR program.
- Hydro Ottawa distributed more ENERGY STAR-certified LED bulb coupons at community events, resulting in higher coupon redemption rates.
- The awards recognize Canadian achievements during the 2015 calendar year and apply to those who manufacture, sell, promote and/or incent ENERGY STAR-certified products.
"Hydro Ottawa is constantly working to reach customers in innovative ways to share the benefits of conservation, whether it's through our Energy Coach YouTube series or attending local workshops and events. This recognition is encouragement for us to continue to give energy efficiency a starring role."
- Hydro Ottawa President and Chief Executive Officer Bryce Conrad
"Congratulations to Hydro Ottawa on their ENERGY STAR Canada award. I thank them for their extraordinary leadership and sustained commitment to the ENERGY STAR Initiative, which helps Canadians make responsible, energy-efficient choices."
- The Honourable Jim Carr, Canada's Minister of Natural Resources
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa's core businesses are delivering electricity, generating renewable power and providing energy conservation/management services. Hydro Ottawa is a community-owned, private company, delivering electricity to more than 325,000 customers in Ottawa and Casselman. It is the largest municipally-owned producer of green power in the province, with hydroelectric and landfill gas-to-energy generating facilities. Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. (Hydro Ottawa) owns and operates two subsidiary companies, Hydro Ottawa Limited and Energy Ottawa Inc.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Media contact: Daniel Séguin, Manager, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 345, [email protected], www.hydroottawa.com