TORONTO, April 30 /CNW/ - The deadline for filing 2009 tax returns is now only hours away and Canadians are scrambling to complete their returns on time.
Cleo Hamel, Senior Tax Analyst and Member of the Tax Advisory at H&R Block Canada, will be in Toronto on April 30 and is available for media interviews. She can speak to a variety of personal tax issues including:
- How filing your return can help you get the HST transitional benefits
- The consequences of not filing on time
- Strategies for filing in a hurry
- What does and doesn't qualify for the Home Renovation Tax Credit
- Tax tips for people who lost their jobs in 2009
- Most common questions Canadians have about taxes
- Most common mistakes Canadians make on their tax returns
Local spokespeople are also available outside of Toronto.
About H&R Block Canada
H&R Block Canada has been preparing taxes for more than 40 years and is Canada's leading tax preparation firm. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, the company serves Canadian taxpayers in more than 1,100 offices across the country. H&R Block Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of H&R Block, Inc., a diversified company with subsidiaries providing a wide range of financial products and services. Additional information about H&R Block Canada is available at 1-800-HRBLOCK or visit www.hrblock.ca for more tax tips.
Follow the Tax Advisory at H&R Block at www.hrbtaxtalk.ca or @HRBTaxTalk on Twitter.
SOURCE H&R Block Canada Inc.
For further information: For further information: or to schedule an interview, please contact: Tina Quelch, Calador Communications, (416) 925-6034, firstname.lastname@example.org