VANCOUVER, Feb. 28, 2019 /CNW/ - Destination Canada, Canada's national tourism marketing organization, is excited to announce the addition of five new members to the Canadian Signature Experiences collection from across Canada.
The Canadian Signature Experiences are a curated collection of over 200 once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences that show international travellers what Canada – and Canadians – is all about.
From exploring Vancouver Island's backroads and ancient rainforests in a Jeep, to encountering Newfoundland and Labrador's historic communities, the five new members span the entire country, highlighting the diverse and extraordinary adventures available throughout Canada.
The five new members are:
- West Coast Overlanding Escape, by Hastings Overland, British Columbia
- Aurora Village ViTeepee Experience, by Aurora Village, Northwest Territories
- Newfoundland Circumnavigation, by Adventure Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Inglewood Edibles – Made by Mavericks, by Alberta Food Tours, Alberta
- Battle Harbour – Forgotten in Time, by Battle Harbour Historic Trust, Newfoundland and Labrador
"From cruising off-road to sampling tantalizing cuisine to witnessing our most remarkable natural phenomena, the new additions to our Canadian Signature Experiences collection offer travellers the chance to have experiences that can't be found anywhere else in the world," says the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Tourism, Official Languages and La Francophonie. "The vital role that tourism plays in sustaining a vibrant economy in every community across Canada cannot be underestimated. Destination Canada estimates that Canada's tourism sector contributed $102.5 billion to the economy in 2018."
Canada's 13 provincial and territorial tourism marketing organisations work closely with Destination Canada to ensure the country's most extraordinary experiences are included in the list of Canadian Signature Experiences.
The five new Canadian Signature Experiences were chosen for their unparalleled insight into Canada's welcoming people, wonderous nature, and rich, diverse culture.
"Our Canadian Signature Experiences collection offers something special for every type of traveller," says David F. Goldstein, Destination Canada's President and CEO. "They are designed to offer, not just bucket-list experiences, but unforgettable adventures that promise to transform visitors to Canada and inspire them to consider new ways of exploring our country."
- Canadian Signature Experiences for a comprehensive list of members.
- Canadian Signature Experiences Backgrounder for further information on the program.
- Tourism in Canada to learn more about arrivals and the tourism industry's contribution to Canada's economy through jobs, GDP and tourism spending.
- Brand Canada Library for rights-ready, free-to-use images and videos (including of the new Canadian Signature Experiences).
About Destination Canada:
Destination Canada markets Canada internationally as a premier four-season tourism destination. In collaboration with partners in the Canadian tourism industry, Destination Canada creates marketing campaigns designed to showcase the best our country has to offer. Destination Canada also provides research and industry data to our partners—equipping them to optimize their businesses. For more information, please visit: www.destinationcanada.com, follow @DestinationCAN and @ExploreCanada on Twitter.
SOURCE Destination Canada
For further information: Destination Canada, Media Relations, Phone: 1-844-856-1161, [email protected], www.destinationcanada.com; Alberta Food Tours, Alyssa Berry, Phone: 403-650-8090, [email protected], www.albertafoodtours.ca; Battle Harbour Historic Trust, Peter Bull, Phone: 709-330-6325, [email protected], www.battleharbour.com; Adventure Canada, Jillian Dickens, Phone: 416-660-7660, [email protected], www.adventurecanada.com; Aurora Village, Joel Walton, Phone: 867-688-6443, [email protected], www.auroravillage.com; Hastings Overland, Maxwell Webster, Phone: 250-893-6073, [email protected], www.hastingsoverland.com