TORONTO, Jan. 22, 2015 /CNW/ - Following a set date hearing held on December 9th, 2014, in Toronto, Ontario, a Hearing Panel of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) in the matter of Glenn Arthur Taggart ordered that;
1) The Notice of Hearing in this matter was validly served on Mr. Taggart;
2) The address for future service of documents to, and communications with Mr. Taggart is the Mount Hope, Ontario address as indicated on the IIROC National Registration database for him; and/ or to the email address provided to IIROC Staff on December 8, 2014;
3) Mr. Taggart shall advise IIROC immediately if he retains counsel in this matter;
4) Mr. Taggart shall provide documentary evidence of the medical condition that he referenced in submissions to the Hearing Panel as soon as possible;
5) Mr. Taggart will participate in an investigative interview conducted by IIROC Staff, to be scheduled for no later than the first week of April 2015;
6) The discipline hearing in this matter shall proceed on April 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, and May 1st, 2015; and shall continue as necessary the week of May 4th, 2015; and
7) A copy of this Order shall be delivered to Mr. Taggart in accordance with paragraph (2) above.
The Hearing Panel's Order dated December 9, 2014, is available at: http://docs.iiroc.ca/DisplayDocument.aspx?DocumentID=8CEEEFC69C9D4D0181DF9CAA303607D8&Language=en.
Documents related to ongoing IIROC enforcement proceedings – including Reasons and Decisions of Hearing Panels – are posted on the IIROC website as they become available. Click here to search and access all IIROC enforcement documents.
IIROC formally initiated the investigation into Mr. Taggart's conduct in June 2013. The alleged violations occurred while he was a Registered Representative with the Ancaster, Ontario branches of Dundee Securities Corporation & its successor DWM Securities, Wellington West Capital Inc. and its successor National Bank Financial, and Burgeonvest Bick Securities Limited, all IIROC regulated firms at the relevant times. Mr. Taggart is no longer a registrant with an IIROC-regulated firm.
IIROC is the national self-regulatory organization which oversees all investment dealers and trading activity on debt and equity marketplaces in Canada. Created in 2008 through the consolidation of the Investment Dealers Association of Canada and Market Regulation Services Inc., IIROC sets high quality regulatory and investment industry standards, protects investors and strengthens market integrity while maintaining efficient and competitive capital markets.
IIROC carries out its regulatory responsibilities through setting and enforcing rules regarding the proficiency, business and financial conduct of dealer firms and their registered employees and through setting and enforcing market integrity rules regarding trading activity on Canadian equity marketplaces.
IIROC investigates possible misconduct by its member firms and/or individual registrants. It can bring disciplinary proceedings which may result in penalties including fines, suspensions, permanent bars, expulsion from membership, or termination of rights and privileges for individuals and firms.
All information about disciplinary proceedings relating to current and former member firms is available in the Enforcement section of the IIROC website. Background information regarding the qualifications and disciplinary history, if any, of advisors currently employed by IIROC-regulated firms is available free of charge through the IIROC AdvisorReport service.
Information on how to make investment dealer, advisor or marketplace-related complaints is available by calling 1 877 442-4322.
SOURCE Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) - General News
For further information: Enforcement Contact: Elsa Renzella, Vice President, Enforcement, 416 943-5877, [email protected]; Media Contact: Karen Archer, Senior Media and Public Affairs Specialist, 416 865-3046, [email protected]