TORONTO, Sept. 1, 2015 /CNW/ - 76 voting locations will be open throughout Simcoe North from 9 AM to 9 PM (ET) on Thursday, September 3 for over 96,138 eligible electors to vote in the 2015 Simcoe North by-election.
To vote in the by-election, electors must be age 18 or older on September 3, a Canadian citizen, and a resident of the Simcoe North electoral district. To get a ballot, electors must be on the Voters List and show proof of their identity. Electors can register to be on the Voters List when they go to vote. Electors who are already on the Voters List will receive a Notice of Registration Card in the mail which identifies locations and times.
Elections Ontario reminds electors to bring their Notice of Registration Card, or proof of residence, and acceptable identification when they vote. More information, including a comprehensive list of acceptable identification documents is available at wemakevotingeasy.ca.
Elections Ontario is the non-partisan agency responsible for administering provincial elections, by-elections and referenda.
Fast Facts for the Media
- A blackout period on political advertising begins at midnight (ET)on Tuesday, September 1, 2015 and ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on Thursday,September 3, 2014.
- The publication of election surveys that have not previously been made public are prohibited between midnight (ET) on Wednesday, September 2, 2015 and 9 PM (ET) on Thursday, September 3, 2015. For more information on political advertising, contact [email protected]
- Filming or photography is not permitted in the polls, except for a photo opportunity of a candidate casting their ballot. Photo opportunities must be arranged between the candidate and the local Simcoe North Returning Officer.
- Media representatives may make arrangements with the Simcoe North Returning Officer to be present at the local returning office following the close of polls - 9 PM (ET) on Thursday, September 3.
- Unofficial election night voting results will be available at wemakevotingeasy.ca after the close of polls starting at 9 PM (ET) on Thursday, September 3.
SOURCE Elections Ontario
For further information: Elections Ontario Media Relations, 416.212.6186 / 1.866.252.2152, [email protected]