HALIFAX, April 16, 2012 /CNW/ - Today, Eastlink unveiled its new look and future plans.
"We're so proud of the many innovations Eastlink has delivered over the past four decades," said Lee Bragg, CEO and vice chair of Eastlink. "As we reflected on our 40 year history, we felt the time was right to freshen up our visual identity."
Bragg explains that the company's new look marks the evolution from a small cable company in Amherst, Nova Scotia to the leading, national telecommunications and entertainment company it is today.
"We've grown to a team of over 1,600 employees who are passionate about the continued success and growth of our company. Their dedication to delivering a high quality product with exceptional customer service is the reason we continue to grow and has contributed in large part to Eastlink's recognition as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies six years in a row."
With a vision of transforming the role that telecommunications plays in people's lives, Eastlink set out on a path over a decade ago to build a fibre optic network that would form the foundation of the company's product innovations for years to come - innovations that make our customers' lives easier and more enjoyable such as:
- first in North America to introduce high value service bundles, combining video, internet and local phone services
- first to launch residential internet download speeds scalable to 100 Mbps (2010) and 200 Mbps (2012)
- first in North America to deploy MPEG4 video technology for HD delivery
- full 1080p HD On Demand content
- consistently being the first to launch new HD channels
- exclusive coverage of live local sports; in the Maritimes Eastlink TV is the #1 sports channel
Over the company's fibre optic network that reaches residential, business and public sector customers from Newfoundland to Vancouver, more innovations can be expected from the company that pioneered bundled services on one bill including:
- the much anticipated launch of our advanced, Wireless (Cellular) voice and data services
- more value and better choice in a true quad play bundle
- continued rollout of our fastest internet speeds with a view of reaching hundreds of thousands of our customers nationwide
- many more product innovations in the coming months
When asked about where customers will see the company's fresh, new look, Bragg explained, "Our customers will begin to see immediate changes in the look and feel of our website, social media and advertising material. One of the most significant changes will be seen in our stores as we expand our retail footprint over these next few months."
Bragg noted that the development and rollout of the company's new look has been in the works for quite some time and is the result of a collaborative effort in partnership with Revolve, Chester and Company, and Media Mechanics.
For more information, visit Eastlink
With more than 1,600 employees from coast to coast, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment, internet and telephone services to residential, business and public-sector customers across Canada.
Powered by a state-of-the-art fibre optic network, Eastlink's advanced services include Multi-Room DVR, Video OnDemand, HD and 3D programming, High Speed Internet scalable to 200 Mbps, competitive local and long distance telephone services, and exclusive locally-produced programming via Eastlink TV. Eastlink has been recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best managed Companies for six years running.
Image with caption: "Eastlink's fresh, new look (CNW Group/EASTLINK)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20120416_C5792_PHOTO_EN_12334.jpg
For further information:
Jill Laing, Public and Media Relations
p: (902) 446-1939