- Eastlink to launch wireless service in Northern Ontario - June 1 in Timmins
- Customers can expect simple pricing/plans and ease of switching through contract buy-out
- Eastlink has Canada's first and only 100% Voice and Data LTE Network
TIMMINS, ON, May 26, 2016 /CNW/ - Eastlink is bringing more choice and competition to customers in Northern Ontario with the availability of its highly-anticipated wireless service, beginning June 1 for customers in the Timmins area.
"We are excited to expand our wireless service into Northern Ontario," says Lee Bragg, Eastlink CEO. "Our goal is to deliver the best possible experience for our customers. We do that by investing in the latest network technology, providing great value for money, and by delivering customer service that exceeds our customers' expectations."
Eastlink's approach is what the company proudly calls "surprisingly simple".
- Competitive plan pricing combined with devices on Eastlink's innovative easyTab® provide monthly prices that actually go down over time.
- Customers stuck in a contract can make the switch right away as Eastlink will buy out their existing cellphone contract.
- And, of course, customers can keep their existing phone number.
"We're not like other cellphone providers," says Matthew MacLellan, Eastlink Wireless President. "We listen to what customers want and we deliver more of what is important to them – simple plans at lower prices, together with leading network speed, extensive coverage, and exceptional customer service."
Eastlink's award-winning, 100% LTE network pairs lightning-fast data speeds with Voice over LTE (VoLTE), the latest evolution of mobile calling. VoLTE provides crystal clear sound and significantly faster call connection times.
Customers can make the switch, beginning June 1 at the new Eastlink Store in Timmins Square, through online chat at www.eastlink.ca, or by calling Eastlink Customer Care at 1-888-345-1111.
Following the launch in Timmins, customers in the Sudbury area can get a sneak peak of the new service, beginning June 9 at the Eastlink location in New Sudbury Centre. Eastlink's grand opening celebration will take place on June 18.
The Eastlink Wireless Difference
Simple plans, loaded with value
- Nationwide Talk, Text and Data plans start at just $30 per month.
- Families can share 1 GB of Data and get Unlimited Talk & Text for as little as $85 per month for two lines.
- Customers who sign up early receive an additional $5 per month discount on select Data Plans.
easyTab® – only from Eastlink
- Complete flexibility to choose any phone and match it with any plan.
- Switch plans without penalty or upgrade at any time.
- After your tab is paid off, your monthly bill actually goes down.
Contract Buy-out – only from Eastlink
- Switching is easier than ever.
- Up to five family members per household.
Canada's first and only 100% Voice and Data LTE network
- Award-winning LTE data speeds.
- High quality voice calling with faster call connection times.
- Extended, nationwide coverage on all 3 National networks (Bell, Rogers, TELUS) at no extra charge.
- Leading-edge VoLTE-enabled Smartphones.
- Quickly expanding device selection.
- Every phone is $0 down.
For further information: Media Contact: Jill Laing, 902-446-1939, [email protected]