HALIFAX, June 12, 2013 /CNW/ - Eastlink announced its latest video innovation with Remote DVR, a free and convenient way to schedule and manage DVR recordings from a computer, tablet or smartphone, from anywhere.
Eastlink's Chief Executive Officer, Lee Bragg, said that Eastlink Remote DVR is designed to complement the busy lifestyles of today's consumers.
"With this new product, our customers can program their DVR from anywhere at anytime, so they'll never have to miss their favourite TV show, movie or sporting event."
Mr. Bragg added that one of the best features of the Remote DVR service is how easy it is use.
The latest in a series of video innovations, Eastlink Remote DVR gives customers the ability to:
- Access an easy-to-follow web-based TV guide
- View a list of scheduled recordings, up to 14 days in advance, cancel and create new recordings
- Search for TV programs by type - movie, sports, kids etc. - view episode details and schedule recordings
Eastlink Remote DVR is available at no extra charge to Eastlink DVR customers across Canada. Registering is easy; customers can sign up by going to www.eastlink.ca/rdvr.
Mr. Bragg added: "We are committed to providing our customers with the very best TV experience. Eastlink Remote DVR is a great example of this commitment."
Recent Eastlink video innovations include:
- The launch of Eastlink To Go enabling customers to watch TV shows, movies and even local sports on their computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Surpassing the 160 HD channel milestone delivering the most and best HD channels.
- The introduction of Eastlink Ultra Whole Home DVR which allows customers to record up to 6 programs simultaneously and control TV with advanced iPad application
Other recent Eastlink announcements include:
- Introducing Eastlink Wireless: Bundle and save with no term contracts
- Trusted 24/7 Eastlink Home Security with state-of-the-art Home Automation
- 24/7 expert Eastlink Premium Support for all electronics devices in the home
Running late? Set recordings from your smartphone & tablet with @Eastlink Remote DVR! FREE for Eastlink DVR customers! www.eastlink.ca/rdvr
FOR BROADCAST USE:
EASTLINK HAS LAUNCHED A NEW REMOTE DVR SERVICE. THE COMPANY SAYS CUSTOMERS WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING HOME ON TIME TO CATCH THEIR FAVOURITE TV SHOW OR THE BIG GAME. THEY CAN SIMPLY LOG IN AND SET RECORDINGS FROM THEIR SMARTPHONE OR COMPUTER. THE SERVICE IS FREE AND AVAILABLE TO ALL EASTLINK DVR CUSTOMERS. CUSTOMERS CAN SIGN UP FOR FREE BY VISITING EASTLINK.CA, POPPING IN TO AN EASTLINK STORE, OR BY CALLING 1-888-345-1111.
Image with caption: "Eastlink CEO Lee Bragg programs his DVR so he doesn't miss his favourite game. (CNW Group/Eastlink)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20130612_C7449_PHOTO_EN_27912.jpg
Image with caption: "With Eastlink RDVR customers can program their DVR from anywhere at anytime. (CNW Group/Eastlink)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20130612_C7449_PHOTO_EN_27911.jpg
For further information:
Public and Media Relations