Firm taps industry veteran Darryl Singer to head new division
TORONTO, June 14, 2018 /CNW/ - After a fast-paced expansion across Canada and new divisions in real estate, wills, immigration and family law, Diamond and Diamond's family is set to grow again.
As of June 1, the firm has officially opened its commercial and civil litigation division. The division will be led by Darryl Singer, a Toronto-area lawyer with more than 24 years of trial, advocacy and negotiating experience.
Singer brings with him his entire team of experienced lawyers, paralegals and law clerks from his former firm, Singer Barristers PC.
Singer's commercial litigation experience involves franchise matters; debt collection; mortgage enforcement; partnership and shareholder disputes; real estate litigation; bankruptcy, insolvency, and business restructuring; though in recent years has also extended to employment law and personal injury. Moreover, he has a significant professional regulation practice, defending professionals such as lawyers in front of their licensing bodies.
"Darryl is the Swiss Army knife of lawyers," said managing partner, Sandra Zisckind. "We've been inundated with requests from current clients for additional legal services in this area but wanted to wait until we found the perfect fit."
Over his esteemed career, Singer has argued over 60 complex commercial injunctions losing only twice. He dedicates his time outside the office to volunteering with pro bono Law Ontario; sitting on the Boards of the York Region Law Association and the Osgoode Hall Alumni Association, among others, teaching at the Ryerson University Law Practice Program, and completing his third legal text book which will be published in January 2019. In addition, Darryl is adjunct faculty at Osgoode Hall Law School where he teaches several courses including legal ethics.
"I couldn't be more excited for this next chapter," said Singer. "Diamond and Diamond's corporate culture of tough advocacy for all people aligns perfectly with my career and values."
In addition to the appointment of Singer to this new division, Diamond and Diamond has plans to further expand geographically with a new office serving the Calgary area. Details on this expansion will be coming soon.
About Diamond and Diamond:
- Family owned firm has grown from 1 office in Toronto to 13 locations in a mere 4 years and is Ontario's fastest growing Personal Injury Firm. Poised to become Canada's largest personal injury firm by 2019.
- Winner of 7 Readers' Choice awards, 3-Year Winner of Consumer Choice Award
- Featured legal commentators on 20+ radio and television stations and print media
- Sponsorships with Canada's biggest sporting franchises (Toronto Raptors, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Marlies, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Rock as well as OHL teams across Ontario)
- 2016 Leger Polling shows evidence of unparalleled brand awareness. Nearly 70% of GTA residents are aware of the firm with only 3% able to name a competitor
SOURCE Diamond and Diamond
For further information: or to request an interview please contact: Jordan Whelan, [email protected]