Seven-night voyage features style innovators Stephen Jones OBE, Stuart Weitzman and Super Model Pat Cleveland
VALENCIA, Calif., Dec. 19, 2018 /CNW/ -- Cunard has announced a stellar line-up for its fourth annual Transatlantic Fashion Week Crossing, to take place July 28 to August 4, 2019 (M922) on the iconic luxury liner Queen Mary 2. Headlining the voyage will be royal milliner Stephen Jones OBE, shoe maven Stuart Weitzman, and iconic American model Pat Cleveland. Fashion Historian Colin McDowell MBE, author Lindy Woodhead and Burberry vice chairman Rose Marie Bravo CBE will also be joining the line-up of industry innovators. The seven-night crossing will feature runway shows, inspiring talks, bespoke dinners and Q&A's with the experts on board.
British milliner Stephen Jones OBE is considered one of the world's most influential milliners of the late 20th and early 21st centuries. Described by Vogue as the 'go-to man when it comes to making headline hats', he has worked with everyone from Diana, Princess of Wales to Mick Jagger and fashion greats including Vivienne Westwood. Stephen will showcase some of his most memorable pieces in two runway shows onboard and participate in a Q&A session.
Stephen Jones OBE commented, "I am delighted to be involved in Cunard's Transatlantic Fashion Week next summer, showing my hats on the most majestic ship in the world. I look forward to sharing my insights, tips and future trends to look out for, with my fellow shipmates on board."
Cunard will also be partnering with the Graduate Fashion Foundation, a non-profit organization which presents Graduate Fashion Week annually to celebrate the creativity of students and graduates within the industry. Previous winners of The Graduate Fashion Week awards include Stella McCartney and Christopher Bailey. Six graduates will be selected by the Graduate Fashion Foundation and Colin McDowell MBE and will have the opportunity to showcase pieces from their collections in a runway show during the voyage.
"Cunard's Transatlantic Fashion Week onboard Queen Mary 2 is a must-experience event," said Josh Leibowitz, SVP of Cunard North America. "It's one of our highest-rated sailings because guests get first-hand access to some of the biggest names in the industry."
Additional details on the industry leaders include:
- Stuart Weitzman: An American shoe designer, entrepreneur and founder of his eponymous shoe company, Stuart Weitzman has designed footwear for Beyoncé, Taylor Swift and British royalty. Weitzman will delight guests with a display of his red-carpet shoes, participate in a Q&A and give an inspirational talk on his career.
- Pat Cleveland: American fashion supermodel who initially attained success in the 1960s and 1970s, Pat was one of the first African-American models in the fashion industry to achieve prominence as a runway and print model. Pat will be participating in a Q&A about her five decades in fashion.
- Colin McDowell MBE: The highly-respected fashion historian and style commentator returns for the fourth time to Cunard and will host interactive talks and workshops.
- Lindy Woodhead: Lindy, who worked in international fashion for over 25 years, is the author of War Paint and Mr Selfridge. She will be giving a talk on her career, participating in a Q&A and book signings.
- Rosemarie Bravo CBE: During her career, Rosemarie has held leadership positions in several major fashion businesses and is now vice chairman at Burberry, of which she was CEO from 1997 to 2005. During this she signed top model Kate Moss and recruited the designer Christopher Bailey in 2001. Rosemarie will be participating in a Q&A.
- Stanley Tucker: With over 40 years' experience in the luxury menswear business, Stanley joined Burberry in 1997 as SVP of Menswear Worldwide where he was instrumental in developing the menswear business. Stanley will host a men's styling workshop onboard and participate in a Q&A.
- STORM Model Agency: One of London's most sought-after modeling agencies, STORM will be returning to Transatlantic Fashion Week to strut their stuff in the onboard runway shows.
For more information about Cunard or to book a voyage, contact your Travel Advisor, call Cunard at 1-800-728-6273 or visit www.cunard.com.
For travel advisors interested in further information, please contact your Business Development Manager, visit OneSource or call Cunard toll free at 1-800-528-6273.
Cunard is the operator of luxury cruise ships Queen Mary 2®, Queen Victoria® and Queen Elizabeth®. Renowned for impeccable White Star Service, gourmet dining and world-class entertainment, all three Queens offer luxury accommodations in Britannia, Britannia Club, Princess Grill Suite and Queens Grill Suite staterooms. Cunard is the only line to offer regularly scheduled Transatlantic service between New York and London, and it continues to celebrate the freedom of travel on exciting World Voyage and Grand Voyage itineraries that visit Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Awarded '#1 Mega-Ship Ocean Cruise Line' by Travel + Leisure's 2018, 2017 and 2016 World's Best Awards and 'Best Service,' 'Best Onboard Enrichment' and 'Best World Cruise' by Porthole Cruise Magazine's 2018 Readers Choice Awards, Cunard is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines, a part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK), the largest cruise vacation company in the world. Together Cunard, Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, P&O Cruises (Australia) and P&O Cruises (UK) operate 102 ships visiting over 700 ports around the world and totaling 226,000 lower berths.