Furthers CIBC's commitment to sustainable development and reporting standards
TORONTO, April 9, 2018 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) announced today its support of the Financial Stability Board (FSB) Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), a global working group that is developing voluntary, consistent climate-related financial risk disclosures for use by companies in providing information to investors, lenders, insurers and other stakeholders.
CIBC's support of the TCFD underscores its commitment to be transparent with stakeholders on efforts to address climate change risk, and enhance environmental, social and governance disclosure. The bank also participates in a global carbon disclosure system known as the CDP which enables companies, cities, states and regions to measure and manage risks and opportunities related to climate change. More information about CIBC's environmental, social and governance initiatives can be found in the 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility report at https://www.cibc.com/en/about-cibc/corporate-responsibility.html.
CIBC's commitment to a sustainable future is recognized by the following:
- Named among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations and Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights
- Listed on Dow Jones Sustainability Index since its inception in 2005
- Listed on the FTSE4Good Index since its inception in 2001
- Listed on the Jantzi Social Index since its inception in 2001
- Sustaining Member of the Responsible Investment Association of Canada
- CIBC Asset Management Inc. is a signatory of the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment
- CIBC Capital Markets is a registered observer of the Green Bond Principles
- Awarded Gold Technology Accelerator Award by Renewed Computer Technology
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution with 11 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. Across Personal and Small Business Banking, Commercial Banking and Wealth Management, and Capital Markets businesses, CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services through its leading digital banking network, and locations across Canada, in the United States and around the world. Ongoing news releases and more information about CIBC can be found at www.cibc.com/en/about-cibc/media-centre.html.
SOURCE CIBC - Corporate
For further information: Jason Wesley, Public Relations, CIBC, 416-408-9507, or email@example.com.