TORONTO, April 30, 2014 /CNW/ - The Integrated Bankruptcy Enforcement Unit comprised of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) - Greater Toronto Area (GTA) Financial Crime Section and the Ontario Region Special Investigation Unit of the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB), charged Yassin Kasim BAKIR, age 57, of Mississauga, Ontario with offences under the Criminal Code (CC) and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA) namely:
- s. 380(1)(a) CC - Fraud Over $5000 (6 counts)
- s. 368(1)(a) CC - Uttering Forged Document (2 counts)
- s. 392(a)(ii) CC - Dispose of Property to Defraud Creditors
- s. 198(1)(b) BIA - Refuse or Neglect to Answer Truthfully at Examination
- s. 198(1)(c) BIA - Make False Entry or Material Omission in a Statement
- s. 198(1)(g) BIA - Disposal of Property Obtained on unpaid credit
The matter is scheduled for first appearance at Ontario Court of Justice - Old City Hall in Toronto on May 2, 2014.
The RCMP and the OSB Special Investigation Units will continue to combine their efforts to investigate allegations of criminal wrongdoing related to bankruptcy and insolvency matters in order to protect the integrity of the insolvency system in Canada.
SOURCE: Royal Canadian Mounted Police
For further information:
Sgt. Richard Rollings,
RCMP "O" Division