Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation presented at a ceremony in Calgary
CALGARY, Aug. 15, 2016 /CNW/ - The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following Alberta residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Canada's Veterans:
- Mr. Michael (Wayne) Donner, Medicine Hat, AB
- Mr. Richard Dumas, Edmonton, AB
- Mr. Michel Jackson, Black Diamond, AB
- Mr. Wayne Kennedy, Hinton, AB
- Ms. Lisa Peterson, Fox Creek, AB
- Mr. Kyle Scott, Whitecourt, AB
- Mr. Karel Spykerman, Calgary, AB
- Mr. Roderich (Rod) Stewart, Vegreville, AB
- Mr. Nick Twyman, Calgary, AB
Through their efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada's Veterans and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.
"Each of the Canadians recognized today serves Canada's Veterans beyond measure. I applaud their continuing efforts in proudly serving our Veterans. Their tireless sense of care, compassion and respect for Veterans is an invaluable part of the communities of which we are all a part."
The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence
- The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by Warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The governing policies call for it to be "...awarded to individuals who have performed commendable service to the Veteran community or individuals who represent commendable role models for their fellow Veterans."
- The Commendation consists of a certificate, a lapel pin for civilian wear and a bar for wear with decorations.
- Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation - List of past recipients
- Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation - Backgrounder
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
For further information: Contacts: Sarah McMaster, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs, 613-996-4649; Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468