Ryan Reynolds, Jim Carrey, 'Captain Kirk' – where are you when we need you?
MONTREAL, June 13, 2017 /CNW/ - When it comes to time to clean house, most Canadians surveyed said they prefer to do the job themselves instead of relying on a partner or family members.
At the same time, most said they would not turn down a helping hand if their favourite Canadian celebrity like Ryan Reynolds, Jim Carrey or Pamela Anderson dropped by with a mop in hand.
The new national survey, conducted by polling firm Research & Incite for home-cleaning product manufacturer Vileda Canada, asked more than 1,000 Canadians about their house-cleaning habits and preferences.
Sixty-four per cent of survey participants overall said they prefer to clean their homes by themselves; 71% of women prefer to go it alone, while only 56% of men prefer going solo with the vacuum, mop or duster. The survey also provided these interesting insights into the cleaning habits of tidy Canadians:
- Canadians spend on average just under three hours a week house-cleaning;
- Keeping floors clean is the most-challenging cleaning issue for 36% of Canadians.
- Three quarters of survey respondents aged 24-45 say listening to music is the best way to pass the time while doing household chores.
On the question of having a Canadian celebrity jump in on cleaning day, the most popular picks were actors Ryan Reynolds (23%), Jim Carrey (20%) and Ryan Gosling (18%).
Canadian women were especially excited about cleaning house with Ryan Reynolds, with 30% of them favouring the Vancouver-born actor, while star Ryan Gosling was popular with 26%.
Among Canadian men, actor Jim Carrey (21%) and actress Pamela Anderson (19%) were the leading choices for cleaning day help, followed by hockey legend Wayne Gretzky (15%) and Star Trek actor William Shatner (12%).
Regionally, Ryan Reynolds was the top celebrity pick in the Prairies among 31% of Canadians, but the choices of just 10% of Québec participants.
Québecers favoured NHL star P.K. Subban (20%) and singer Coeur de pirate (8%). Ontario, the Atlantic provinces and B.C. followed the national trends with Reynolds, Carrey and Gosling as their top choices.
While it's unlikely Canadians will ever get a star to come to their house to help them with their chores, there is a new star in the cleaning world thanks to Vileda Canada. It's their new ProMist MAX, an innovative, all-in-one spray mop that features a machine washable microfibre head that flips 180° so you can clean longer without stopping.
Vileda ProMist MAX Mop Key Features:
- 3 Easy Steps – fill, spray and clean.
- Flip feature allows you to clean longer without stopping.
- Covers 2.5X more surface area.
- Enlarged frame for superior floor coverage.
- Trapezoidal shape for better corner cleaning.
- Cleans and dries floors quickly.
- 360° swivel head for extraordinary handling.
- Fine mist sprayer for a controlled, even coverage.
- Refillable bottle: Use your favourite cleaning solution.
- 1-touch bottle release for easy removal.
- Microfibre pad – thousands of tiny fibres lift and capture grease and dirt.
- Scrub zone removes stubborn dirt effectively.
- No batteries needed.
- Machine washable and easy-to-change refill.
To find out more details about the survey of Canadian cleaning habits or to learn more about Vileda Canada's innovative ProMist MAX mop, please contact us.
ABOUT VILEDA CANADA
Vileda Canada has established itself as a market leader and expert partner for perfect homecare. Headquartered in Laval, Québec, Vileda Canada is dedicated to its customers, offering real help and support. Combining efficiency, ergonomics and design, the Vileda research and development team's mission is simple – designing quality products that make household cleaning less of a chore. Its expertise and forward thinking ideas have made Vileda's home cleaning technologies the industry standard. Vileda Canada is part of Freudenberg Home and Cleaning Solutions (FHCS) global network and is the market leader in the traditional household cleaning market.
SOURCE Vileda Canada
For further information: Media Contacts: Abbigail Daez, energi PR for Vileda, Canada, Phone: (416) 425-9143 x 205, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org