Last year, small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon offering deals to Prime members saw orders nearly triple year-over-year on Prime Day worldwide
Canadian small businesses and entrepreneurs selling on Amazon.ca offering deals to Prime members saw their orders increase a record-breaking eightfold year-over-year
Customers ordered more than 20 million items from small businesses and entrepreneurs on Prime Day last year
SEATTLE, July 6, 2017 /CNW/ - (NASDAQ: AMZN) – Small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon are preparing for a record-breaking sales day on Prime Day, with tens of millions of Prime members expected to shop the best deals of the year. Small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon will take advantage of increased traffic on Prime Day to reach new customers, launch new products and increase sales. Last year on Prime Day, small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon saw orders nearly triple year-over-year as customers ordered more than 20 million items from small businesses and entrepreneurs across more than 50 categories. Canadian small businesses and entrepreneurs selling on Amazon.ca offering deals to Prime members saw their orders increase a record-breaking eightfold year-over-year.
"Small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon from around the world are coming together for the best Prime Day ever, offering Prime members deals on tens of thousands of unique products," said Peter Faricy, Vice President, Amazon Marketplace. "Prime Day gives small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon an opportunity to increase sales and reach new customers. Small businesses and entrepreneurs are increasingly using Prime Day as their proving ground for new and existing products."
This year, more small businesses and entrepreneurs than ever will participate in Prime Day, offering tens of thousands of deals as they look to increase summer sales and reach new customers. Small businesses and entrepreneurs will offer 50 per cent more Prime Day Lightning Deals than last year and more than 60 per cent of all Prime Day Lightning Deals in Canada.
What are small businesses and entrepreneurs in Canada saying about Prime Day?
- "Prime Day gives us a huge lift in sales during a notoriously slow time of year. We look forward to satisfying our customers during the best Prime Day yet!" – Gary Majdell, Gary Majdell Sport in Montreal, QC
- "Prime Day last year was incredible. We did over 20 times our normal daily sales, it was absolutely fantastic!" – Nima Ahrari, CanaKit in Vancouver, BC
- "Prime Day provides us with a tremendous lift in immediate sales along with an increase in repeat customers who hadn't been exposed to our brand before. Every small business should be selling on Amazon and taking advantage of Prime Day." – Craig Romero, OZNaturals Skin Care in Montreal, QC
- "Prime day has been a fantastic success through the years and it is the single best shopping day for our customers! We're thrilled to be participating in Prime Day this year by offering numerous deals on many of our products including some of our bestsellers!" – Wayne G, August International in Vancouver, BC
- "We can't compare the success we experience in sales on Prime Day to any other day of the year! However, this is just the tip of the iceberg; aside from experiencing 150 per cent more sales in one day, the true benefit comes from connecting with new clients of which 40 per cent of them become repeat buyers." – Stephen Aikman, All Natural Advice in Oakville, ON
- "Prime Day is like the Black Friday of the summer but even better! It provides a small business like Aero Malls the opportunity to reach new customers and gain greater exposure through incredible deals and increased traffic. I just wish it were more than once a year!" – Wilson Mak, Aero Malls Inc. in Vancouver, BC
Here is a sneak peek of a few Prime Day deals from popular and up-and-coming brands selling on Amazon.ca:
- Save 20% on Select Essential Oils and Diffusers
- Save 30% on Select Aukey Portable Power Banks
- Save 33% on Furbo Dog Camera: Treat Tossing, HD Wifi Pet Cam, and 2-Way Audio
- Save 20% on Select Parasom Bluetooth Headphones
- Save 31% on Eufy RoboVac 11
Today, half of the items sold on Amazon worldwide are from small businesses and entrepreneurs, many of whom choose to use Fulfillment by Amazon to make their items Prime eligible. Small businesses and entrepreneurs selling on Amazon come from every Canadian province and territory, and from more than 130 different countries around the world. Amazon began inviting small businesses and entrepreneurs to sell on Amazon to increase selection and ensure customers could find and discover anything they wanted to buy online. Businesses interested in Selling on Amazon can visit us for more details at www.amazon.ca/sell
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
For further information: Andrew Gouveia, NATIONAL Public Relations, [email protected], 416-848-1385