BOUCHERVILLE, QC, Nov. 1, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - Today marks the 24th anniversary of the founding of Breakfast Club of Canada.
The past year has been brimming over with good things for our kids:
- From October 21 to 25, 2018, Breakfast Club of Canada took part in the Global Child Nutrition Forum, the year after the Club hosted the event in Montreal. International leaders in the field shared their experiences and best practices in a collective effort to improve the lives of children around the world.
- Contribution to establishing a provincial budgetary measure earmarking $50 million over a five-year period to allow school boards to open new breakfast programs.
- Management of an innovative government pilot project to make breakfast available in educational childcare centres in Quebec.
- Efforts to raise awareness among federal MPs through invitations to visit breakfast programs in their constituency.
- 8.1% increase in the number of children helped by the Club every day, bringing the current total to 220,426.
"Day by day, we are getting closer and closer to our dream of giving every child an equal chance at success. Today, Breakfast Club of Canada is known the world over for the key role it plays in fighting child malnutrition and is a respected contributor to events such as the Global Child Nutrition Forum, which took place last week in Tunis."
— Daniel Germain, President and Founder, Breakfast Club of Canada
About Breakfast Club of Canada
For 24 years, Breakfast Club of Canada has been committed to nurturing the potential of children by ensuring that as many as possible have access to a nutritious breakfast served in an environment that promotes their self-esteem before classes begin. Much more than a breakfast program, the Club's approach is based on commitment, self-esteem and capacity development. It partners with communities and regional organizations to establish an optimal formula adapted to local needs. Breakfast Club of Canada helps feed more than 220,000 children and youth in over 1,640 schools across the country.
SOURCE Breakfast Club of Canada
For further information: Justine Plourde, Communications Advisor, Public Relations, Breakfast Club of Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-888-442-1217, ext. 3369