Brings total branch network in Scarborough to 17 to meet the needs of an
- Experienced financial services team of 12 will be Making Money Make
Sense six days a week in seven different languages
- BMO SmartSteps delivers a straightforward approach that adds up to
- Branch powered entirely from clean, renewable energy sources purchased
from Bullfrog Power
SCARBOROUGH, ON, Nov. 27 /CNW/ - BMO Bank of Montreal is opening its newest full service branch on Saturday, November 28, in Toronto at 6023 Steeles Avenue East at Markham Rd, a busy commercial and residential area known for its multicultural diversity.
The branch staff includes a team of 12 multi-lingual financial professionals, including a BMO Nesbitt Burns Retail Investment Advisor who can collectively provide a full range of financial services and advice in seven different languages including English, Hindi, Cantonese, Tamil, Hakka, Korean and French.
"BMO is highly supportive of our communities within the GTA. Residents have access to financial advice, whether it's finding the right mortgage solution or planning for retirement," said Vivien Yung, Personal Banking Area Manager, "Our customers can start putting money back in their pockets by taking advantage of our BMO SmartSteps initiative," she added.
"BMO is here to help customers Make Money Make Sense, especially during these economic times," said Ms. Yung. "We are pleased to offer historically low mortgage rates and advice. First-time homebuyers have the ability to lock in at historically low rates if they are not ready to buy at this time, and our First Home Essentials Kit can provide a step-by-step guide to entering the real estate market."
"The GTA represents the heart of the Canadian economy, home to the financial centre and a diverse range of Fortune 500 businesses," said Robert Kavcic, Economist, BMO Capital Markets. "The city's population has expanded at a steady 2.3 per cent annual rate over the past decade, boosting construction activity and lifting home values by about 5 per cent annually. Scarborough is an important part of the Toronto economy, which continues to see steady population growth thanks to its popularity as a location for new Canadians."
Customers can expect:
- A highly experienced, multi-lingual team of 12 financial services
professionals including access to a financial planner, mortgage
specialist, commercial banker and a BMO Nesbitt Burns Retail
- Commercial account and deposit services;
- Two Instabank automated banking machines (ABMs);
- Ample free parking for BMO customers;
- Full wheelchair accessibility.
Hours of operation are:
Monday to Wednesday 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday & Friday 9:30 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
The BMO SmartSteps program delivers a straightforward approach that can
add up to real savings for customers through lower fees, lower interest costs
and minimizing your taxes.
1. Generate automatic monthly savings;
2. Minimize banking fees;
3. Take years off of mortgage payments and become debt-free quicker;
4. Open a Tax Free Savings Account
5. Automate money transfers to avoid extra fees.
Long History of Support in Scarborough
BMO has been an active member of the Scarborough community since it opened its first branch there in 1952. BMO has also been a proud supporter of various events within the area which include:
- The BMO Symposium and Business Outlook for Newcomers to Canada
- The Rouge Valley Health System
- The Ontario Chamber of Commerce Consuls General where 20 countries
came together in the business community to increase trade developments
- Sponsor of the "BMO Ode to Joy," The Chinese Cultural Centre's
Imperial Ball, "Yee Hong's Dragon Ball," and The Mon Sheong Foundation
SOURCE BMO BANK OF MONTREAL
For further information: For further information: For news media inquiries, please contact: Martha McInnis, (416) 867-4914, firstname.lastname@example.org