- Account minimum $1,000, down from $5,000
- Additional features, include elimination of minimum account fee and a more streamlined and personalized experience
TORONTO, Jan. 16, 2018 /CNW/ - BMO SmartFolio, a part of BMO Wealth Management, has reduced its account minimum by 80 per cent, from $5,000 to $1,000.
"Canadians are much more comfortable with digital investing and the increased demand for digital investing solutions is age agnostic," said Silvio Stroescu, Head of Digital Investing, BMO Wealth Management. "Having been in-market with BMO SmartFolio for two years, we've gained valuable investor insights. This is an area of focus for us and we will continue to evolve our digital investing experience to inspire even more Canadians to invest smarter."
In 2017, BMO SmartFolio introduced Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs) to the suite of account options in response to demand from clients over the age of 65.
- Eliminating minimum account fee: Clients no longer have to pay the minimum account fee of $60 per year.
- Site redesign: Streamlined the digital engagement for our clients, making the experience even simpler, more interactive and personalized.
- Refer-a-friend: Existing clients will receive $50 when they refer a friend or family member to start their digital investing journey with a BMO SmartFolio account.
To learn more about BMO SmartFolio, please visit www.bmo.com/smartfolio.
About BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider – the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $710 billion as of October 31, 2017, and more than 45,000 employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
SOURCE BMO Financial Group
For further information: Media contacts: Alicia Skrinjar, Toronto, email@example.com, (416) 867-3996; Valerie Doucet, Montreal, firstname.lastname@example.org, (514) 877-8224