EDMONTON, Aug. 22, 2018 /CNW/ - AutoCanada Inc. ("AutoCanada" or the "Company") (TSX: ACQ), a multi-location North American automobile dealership group, announced that Raj Juneja has been appointed as Chief Financial Officer, Michael Cunningham has been appointed as Vice-President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer, United States, and Peter Hong has been appointed as Chief Strategy Officer and General Counsel.
With the appointments announced today and the appointments previously announced on July 3, 2018 and August 9, 2018, the executive management team of AutoCanada is comprised of the following individuals:
- Paul Antony, Executive Chairman: Mr. Antony was the Founder, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer at CARPROOF, a provider of vehicle history and valuation reports. Under Paul's leadership, CARPROOF grew rapidly, earning a regular spot on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and Fast 500 lists, as well as the distinction of being named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 2011 through 2015. After over a decade of growth, CARPROOF was acquired by IHS Markit in December 2015. Since then Paul has remained an active advisor to, and investor in, companies where his experience in software, data and automotive can add value. Paul is also from a family with a strong history in the automobile industry dating back to 1938.
- Michael Rawluk, President: Mr. Rawluk was previously the Chief Operating Officer of the Birchwood Automotive Group's 22 dealerships in Winnipeg. In that capacity, he was responsible for day-to-day operations and long-term growth of the business. During his 15 years at Birchwood he held several other operational roles and managed some of Birchwood's dealerships. Mr. Rawluk brings considerable experience in automotive retailing and enhancing dealership performance to AutoCanada.
- William "Bill" Berman, President, United States: Mr. Berman was previously the President and Chief Operating Officer of AutoNation, North America's largest automotive retailer, where he had over 20 years of experience establishing a solid track record of leadership and operational excellence. Mr. Berman was responsible for AutoNation's 26,000 associates and the operational performance of AutoNation's 300+ new vehicle franchises. These responsibilities included new and used vehicle sales and four automotive auctions, as well as customer care which encompassed service, parts, and 80 collision centers.
- Raj Juneja, Chief Financial Officer: Mr. Juneja was previously a senior partner with Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP, Canada's leading business law firm. Mr. Juneja has a BComm, LLB and MBA. With a core focus on tax and related corporate finance, Mr. Juneja was one of Canada's most distinguished financial and tax lawyers. He has over 17 years of experience working with public companies, as well as their investors, in solving their most complex problems. He has extensive experience with corporate finance, capital markets, REITs and mergers and acquisitions.
- Michael Cunningham, Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer, United States: Mr. Cunningham was previously the Chief Financial Officer of Potamkin Automotive Group, one of the largest automotive dealer groups in the United States, with 16 brands spread across five states and 34 locations. He was also previously the Vice President, Finance Western Region of AutoNation, overseeing over 70 dealer locations.
- Peter Hong, Chief Strategy Officer and General Counsel: Mr. Hong was previously a senior partner with Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP. Mr. Hong was one of Canada's leading M&A and securities lawyers. Mr. Hong has over 20 years of experience dealing with some of Canada's most complex M&A, securities and finance transactions, and advising public companies and their boards on strategic and governance matters.
"I am very excited that we were able to add such high quality, accomplished and experienced individuals to the AutoCanada executive team," said Paul Antony, Executive Chairman. "I welcome Raj, Michael and Peter and look forward to locking arms with the executive team, and more importantly, everyone within the organization as we embark on the next leg and evolution of AutoCanada's journey."
"We have filled out our team with a winning combination of committed and seasoned executives, ready to meet all challenges. I am incredibly energized to continue with our laser-focus on operational excellence, while selectively adding dealerships, in order to deliver long-term profitable growth," said Michael Rawluk, President.
"I have had the privilege to work with some amazing and accomplished executive teams over the years, and I am extremely proud to be part of the AutoCanada team. I am looking forward to what this team can accomplish," said Bill Berman, President, United States.
AutoCanada, a leading North American multi-location automobile dealership group currently operating 68 franchised dealerships, comprised of 27 brands, in eight provinces in Canada as well as a group in Illinois, USA and has over 4,200 employees. AutoCanada currently sells Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, FIAT, Alfa Romeo, Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Infiniti, Nissan, Hyundai, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Audi, Volkswagen, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Smart, BMW, MINI, Volvo, Toyota, Lincoln and Honda branded vehicles. In 2017, our dealerships sold approximately 63,000 vehicles and processed approximately 870,000 service and collision repair orders in our 999 service bays generating revenue in excess of $3 billion.
Forward Looking Statements
Certain statements contained in management's discussion and analysis are forward‑looking statements and information (collectively "forward‑looking statements"), within the meaning of the applicable Canadian securities legislation. We hereby provide cautionary statements identifying important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those projected in these forward‑looking statements. Any statements that express, or involve discussions as to, expectations, beliefs, plans, objectives, assumptions or future events or performance (often, but not always, through the use of words or phrases such as "will likely result", "are expected to", "will continue", "is anticipated", "projection", "vision", "goals", "objective", "target", "schedules", "outlook", "anticipate", "expect", "estimate", "could", "should", "plan", "seek", "may", "intend", "likely", "will", "believe", "shall" and similar expressions) are not historical facts and are forward‑looking and may involve estimates and assumptions and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors some of which are beyond our control and difficult to predict. Accordingly, these factors could cause actual results or outcomes to differ materially from those expressed in the forward‑looking statements. Therefore, any such forward‑looking statements are qualified in their entirety by reference to the factors discussed throughout this document.
The Company's Annual Information Form and other documents filed with securities regulatory authorities (accessible through the SEDAR website www.sedar.com describe the risks, material assumptions and other factors that could influence actual results and which are incorporated herein by reference.
Further, any forward‑looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement is made, and, except as required by applicable law, we undertake no obligation to update any forward‑looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date on which such statement is made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. New factors emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for management to predict all of such factors and to assess in advance the impact of each such factor on our business or the extent to which any factor, or combination of factors, may cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward‑looking statement.
SOURCE AutoCanada Inc.
For further information: Kevin McPherson, Director, Financial Reporting, Phone: 780.509.1677, Email: [email protected]