MONTRÉAL, Oct. 24, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - The Autorité des marchés financiers ("AMF") has announced the members of its Derivatives Advisory Committee.
The specific mandate of the Committee is to examine and discuss statutory and regulatory proposals pertaining to derivatives oversight as well as provide information and suggestions for enhancing the development and implementation of the regulatory framework.
After analyzing the applications received following a call for candidates, the AMF has selected ten professionals recognized in their field for their expertise and their perspectives, to be members of the Committee for an initial three-year term.
The members of the Derivatives Advisory Committee are:
- Guy Desrochers, Vice-President and Chief Compliance Officer, IPSOL Capital inc.
- Luc Fortin, Interim President and Chief Executive Officer, Montréal Exchange
- Paûle Gaumond, Senior Legal Counsel – Investment and Derivatives – Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- Glenn Goucher, President and Chief Clearing Officer of the Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation, President of The Canadian Depository for Securities Limited
- Michael Librizzi, Manager, Business and Trading Conduct Compliance, Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada
- Caroline Louat, Director, Liquidity, Capital and Infrastructure Management - Financial Markets, National Bank of Canada
- Jonathan Parent, Director, Derivatives Products, RBC Capital Markets
- Stéphane Rozier, Senior Vice-President / Head of Derivatives, Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd.
- Jean-François Saillant, Senior Manager, Financial Services, Ernst & Young LLP
- Sonia Struthers, Partner, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
SOURCE Autorité des marchés financiers
For further information: Media only: Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176; Information Centre: Québec City: 418-525-0337, Montréal: 514-395-0337, Toll-free: 1-877-525-0337, www.lautorite.qc.ca, Twitter: @lautorite